4/1 PLC and Troop Committee Meeting – Charter School
- PLC 6:30pm.
- Troop Committee 7:30 – all parents are encouraged to attend.
- Final sign up for April backpacking – permission slips due 4/1
4/10 – 4/12 Backpacking the MidState Trail Backpacking-permslip-04-10-2015
- If your scout does not have a backpack, the troop will assist to pair you up with one.
- We acknowledge the short sign up for the trip. Cost is $20 due 4/1 at the Committee/PLC meeting.
- Location is Ashburnham/Westminster MA area. Friday night at Split Rock BSA camp and Saturday on the MidState trail at Muddy Pond Hut. Trip will take place regardless of rain.
- The trail is EASY and SHORT to enable all scouts to have an experience with a pack on their back.
- This is a great trip for scouts to work on their Cooking and Camping MB requirements for trail meals!
- Adults – we need your support for hiking and shuttling cars at trail heads Sat and Sunday.
5/15-5/16 Rock Climbing Quincy Quarries and Camp Sayre
- Deadline to sign up for this trip is April 15th. Cost of trip is $20 and payment due by 4/29. Quincy Quarries & Camp Sayre
- BSA health form will be required. Those that attended summer camp may already have one on file. Please confirm with Tim Cook. Health forms must be provided by 4/29. health form parts_ab-1
Please update your calendars, the April and June dates are new.
- Weekend of 6/13 Leadership training/next year planning. Scouts interested in holding a leadership role with the troop next year should pencil in this weekend.
- 6/26-6/28 White water rafting trip. Fundraising is being defined for scout participation to support this trip. Those scouts that are able to participate in fundraising will be allocated a share of proceeds for their portion of the trip. More details to come in Troop News shortly.
- 7/12-7/18 Summer Camp
Court Of Honor (COH) Dates
- 6/17 Troop COH. Final submission of blue cards and advancement is due 5/27.
- 6/20 Eagle COH
Adult Involvement Opportunities
- Coordinate a trip outing for a month.
- There will be movement in current roles (Chairman, ASM, etc). Now is a perfect time to be trained.
- Please talk to Anna Dos Santos at our troop meeting to learn more.
Please contact Deb Ryan at email@example.com if you have items to communicate to the troop. Deadline to submit communications is Monday morning by 9am.