3/11 Troop Meeting – 7pm Charter School
- Please bring back patrol boxes and blue water jugs.
- Final day to sign up for March outing
- Sign up for May rock climbing – permission slips due March 25th
- 8pm Emergency Preparedness Mtg (Charter School)
- Welcome & congratulate our new scouts from Pack 92: Andrew Pepin and Andrew Jolie
Youth Protection Training (YPT) Guidelines – Effective Immediately
- As we continue to serve our youth, it is paramount we provide as safe an environment as possible. One aspect is to have all adults interacting with the scouts trained in Youth Protection. Troop 29 will now enforce that any adult attending a campout need to have a current YPT on file with the troop. YPT training must be taken every two years.
- To complete the training online, click here. This will allow you to take the course, obtain your certificate, and update your record.
- If your member ID is not in your MyScouting Profile, please update your Profile to add the member ID.
If you have multiple member IDs, please insure your latest Youth Protection is reflected on all of your registrations.
- Please provide a copy of your certificate to Jennifer Parrella to update troop records.
3/11 Emergency Preparedness Merit Badge
- Mr. Lynch will be offering assistance in completing this badge. The first meeting will be after the 3/11 troop meeting. If you would like to work on this badge please do the following:
- Contact Mr. Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org and share your contact email and cell phone number for you AND a parent.
- Please go to website: meritbadge.org and under the Boy Scout heading you will find “merit badge worksheets”. Print out the one for “Emergency Preparedness”
- Please acquire the Emergency Preparedness merit badge pamphlet from the troop librarian.
- A significant portion of the requirements for this badge will be completed at the Merit Badge University Weekend. Scouts should plan on attending the outing scheduled for 03/20/15 – 03/22/15.
3/19 Life to Eagle Program
- The Seven Rivers District Advancement Team invites all Life Scouts and Parents to the annual Life to Eagle program on Thursday, March 19, at Schneider Electric (formerly known as The Foxboro Company) at 27 Neponset Street, Foxboro.
- The evening will start promptly at 7:00 so please plan on arriving by 6:45 for check in to receive your packet of information. Topics covered will be the Eagle Project, Application/Submission to Council and the night of the Eagle Boards.
- Registration is required by Wednesday, March 11. Please e-mail Joyce Jordan at email@example.com to register and include the names of those attending, as well as Troop info (#29 from Franklin).
- If you have any additional questions, please feel free to call Joyce Jordan at 508-660-2176 or Carol Thomas at 781-762-6912.
3/20-3/22 Merit Badge Campout @ Gilbert State Forest in Foxboro
- Merit Badge Univ-Gilbert St Forest-Foxboro 3-20-15
- Final Deadline for Form & Payment: Form by 3/4 = $20; form by 3/11 = $25; payment by 3/18
- Badges to be started/worked on may include: Cooking, Emergency Prep, Camping, and Personal Management.
- If you would like to explore a badge, please bring your ideas to the 2/11 meeting.
Please update your calendars, the April and June dates are new.
- 4/10-4/12 Backpacking trip. More details to come in Troop News shortly
- 5/15-5/16 Rock climbing at Quincy Quarries. See this week’s troop news for details
- 6/13-6/14 Leadership training/next year planning. Scouts interested in holding a leadership role with the troop next year should pencil in this weekend.
- 6/26-6/28 White water rafting trip. Fundraising is being defined for scout participation to support this trip. Those scouts that are able to participate in fundraising will be allocated a share of proceeds for their portion of the trip. More details to come in Troop News shortly.
- 7/12-7/18 Summer Camp
5/15-5/16 Rock Climbing Quincy Quarries and Camp Sayre
- Deadline to sign up for this trip is March 25th, to meet the needs of preparing for this high adventure weekend. Cost of trip is $20 and payment due by 4/29. Quincy Quarries & Camp Sayre
- BSA health form will be required. Those that attended summer camp may already have one on file. Please confirm with Tim Cook. Health forms must be provided by 4/29. health form parts_ab-1
Court Of Honor (COH) Dates
- 6/17 Troop COH. Final submission of blue cards and advancement is due 5/27.
- 6/20 Eagle COH
Adult Involvement Opportunities
- Coordinate a trip outing for a month.
- There will be movement in current roles (Chairman, ASM, etc). Now is a perfect time to be trained.
- Please talk to Anna Dos Santos at our troop meeting to learn more.
Please contact Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have items to communicate to the troop. Deadline to submit communications is Monday morning by 9am.