Inclement Weather Reminder: If Franklin schools are closed or evening activities are cancelled on a Troop meeting day, our troop meetings will also be cancelled.
1/28 Troop Meeting @ Charter School 7pm
- Troop Dues – installment for Jan or full payment if not yet submitted
- Final date to register for Feb outing for form and payment – no late sign ups will be accepted. Please note that there is an updated permission slip to clarify the options for 1-day and 2-day skiing.
2/8 & 2/14 8th is Scout Sunday & 14th is Scout Sabbath
- Franklin United Methodist, our troop’s charter organization, has asked for representation at their 10am service on 2/8 to carry in flags. Please let Mrs. Dos Santos know if you will be able to represent our troop and attend their worship service.
- St. Mary’s will be celebrating Scout Sunday on Feb 1st (not 8th) at their 9am service.
- Scouts are encouraged to attend their place of worship in their uniform to celebrate Scout Sunday and Scout Sabbath.
2/27 – 3/1 Feb Ski Trip @ Attitash Grand Summit Hotel & Conference center, Bartlett NH Attitash-permslip-02-27-2015
Final signup will is 1/28/15 – no late signups will be accepted due to the nature of this trip.
- Cost: $75 [ scouts 12 & under] $80 for the older scouts and $90 for the adults
- Cost includes: Sat/Sun bkfast & Sat dinner, and a 1 day lift ticket.
- Scouts responsible for own Sat lunch, $10 should be fine.
- Lift tickets good at both Attitash & Wildcat. 2-day lift tkt available for those who want to ski both days. Cost for 2nd day is $35 (Jr), $38 (Young Adult), $50 (Adult). Please indicate if you are interested in 2nd day. Once registration and number of drivers known, the troop will be able to make final determination.
- Rentals & lessons available at a discounted rate, if interested.
Eagle COH Thank You
Sabrina and I would like to thank everyone in our Troop 29 family for helping to make the Eagle Court of Honor a truly memorable experience for our family. We are very proud of Ethan and John for their outstanding accomplishments. The past ten years have been a time of endurance and hard work for us as parents too. But being at the Eagle Court of Honor and seeing the boys receive their medals was a great reward for persevering with Ethan during his long journey from Wolf Cub to Eagle Scout. Our family was so happy to be part of such a wonderful ceremony and reception.
Stephen and Sabrina Szilniczky
Adult Involvement Opportunities
- Coordinate a trip outing for a month.
- There will be movement in current roles (Chairman, ASM, etc). Now is a perfect time to be trained.
- Please talk to Anna Dos Santos at our troop meeting to learn more.
Please contact Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have items to communicate to the troop. Deadline to submit communications is Monday morning by 9am.