1/7 PLC and Troop Committee Meeting – Charter School
- PLC 6:30pm.
- Troop Committee 7:30 – all parents are encouraged to attend.
- Troop Dues – installment for Jan or full payment if not yet submitted
- Final date to lock in the lower $20 rate for Jan outing. Stop by between 6:00 – 8:30 to drop off your registration.
1/10 Eagle COH @ Franklin United Methodist Church, on East Central Street Franklin
- Honoring John Gilmore & Ethan Szilniczky
- All scouts are expected to attend the upcoming Eagle Court of Honor on Saturday, January 10, 2015, at 4:00pm, and all families are encouraged to attend.
- If your scout has an important conflict that will prevent him from participating in the Eagle COH, please notify Anna dos Santos at email@example.com right away if you have not yet done so. Scouts will be assigned various roles in the Eagle ceremony, so it’s critical that we know who is attending.
- Scouts should arrive at the Eagle COH at the Franklin United Methodist Church by 3:00pm in their Class A uniforms with bolos & sashes to rehearse for the ceremony.
- Troop families are asked to bring beverages and desserts to help with the reception immediately following – we are anticipating a number of guest and your help is very appreciated.
- Families with last name from A-K please bring beverages (small bottles of water, juice, soda, etc)
- Families with last name from L-Z please bring a dessert
1/23 – 1/24th Klondike @ Squanto “Gold in the Cold” klondike-permslip-01-23-2015
- Final Deadline for Form & Payment: Form by 1/7 = $20; form by 1/14 = $25; payment due by 1/21
- Klondike ~ A test of Scout skills and endurance. Each Patrol forms into a “Stampeder Dog Sled Team” and competes as a separate expedition.
- Mountain Man ~ 4 Boy Scouts, ages 14 years and older, form a team to compete in a test of marksmanship, archery, axe throwing, log chopping, and skills of ingenuity and stamina.
- L’Hivernant ~ Boy Scouts best a cold winter night’s sleep in tents. Troop 29 will be camping over only on Friday night. Warm gear needed – a full listing of recommended winter gear can be found on our website https://troop29franklin.com/documents/
2/8 & 2/14 8th is Scout Sunday & 14th is Scout Sabbath
2/27 – 3/1 Feb Ski Trip @ Attitash Grand Summit Hotel & Conference center, Bartlett NH
Final signup will be needed 1/28/15 – no late signups will be accepted due to the nature of this trip. attitash-permslip-02-27-2015
- Cost: $75 [ scouts 12 & under] $80 for the older scouts and $90 for the adults
- Cost includes: Sat/Sun bkfast & Sat dinner, and a 1 day lift ticket.
- Scouts responsible for own Sat lunch, $10 should be fine.
- Lift tickets good at both Attitash & Wildcat. 2-day lift tkt available for those who want to ski both days.
- Rentals & lessons available at a discounted rate, if interested.
Adult Involvement Opportunities
- Coordinate a trip outing for a month.
- There will be movement in current roles (Chairman, ASM, etc). Now is a perfect time to be trained.
- Please talk to Anna Dos Santos at our troop meeting to learn more.
Please contact Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have items to communicate to the troop. Deadline to submit communications is Monday morning by 9am.