Our final troop meeting for 2014 is this week. Next meeting will be 1/7 with PLC and Troop Committee. Please bring any permission slips and dues to the Estate at Franklin this week to be processed.
12/17 Troop Meeting at The Estate at Franklin 656 King Street @ 6:45pm
- Troop 29 will be visiting The Estate at Franklin THIS Wed night singing carols and hosting a holiday reception.
- Scouts are requested to bring baked goods. If your baked good has nuts, please label. The Estate will provide the beverages.
- All Troop parents and siblings are welcome to attend as well to enjoy meeting the residents and join in on the caroling.
- Please be in your class A uniform – the residents are really looking forward to this event!
- The Estate at Franklin is also known as Emeritus and is right next to the fire station on King Street. The address is: 656 King Street Franklin, MA 02038
12/20 Overnight At The Y in Franklin
- We will have the run of the YMCA on Sat eve, 12/20th with access to the pool, pizza for dinner, basketball, dodge ball, games and a movie.
- Bring sleeping bag, swimsuit, towel, plastic bag for wet items, change of clothes, and wash up gear
- Drop off (6pm) and pick up (Sun 7am) will be at the Y
- Permission slip: YMCA Hockomock Franklin MA- 12-20-14 Slip by 12/10 = $25; payment due by 12/17
1/10 Eagle COH @ Franklin United Methodist Church, on East Central Street Franklin
- Honoring John Gilmore & Ethan Szilniczky
- All scouts and troop families are encouraged to attend to honor these scouts for their accomplishment.
- Scouts need to arrive at 3pm to help set up and rehearse parts wearing Class A uniform with bolos & sashes.
- Troop families are asked to bring beverages and desserts to help with the reception immediately following – we are anticipating a number of guest and your help is very appreciated.
- Families with last name from A-K please bring beverages (small bottles of water, juice, soda, etc)
- Families with last name from L-Z please bring a dessert
1/23 – 1/24th Klondike @ Squanto “Gold in the Cold” klondike-permslip-01-23-2015
- Final Deadline for Form & Payment: Form by 1/7 = $20; form by 1/14 = $25; payment due by 1/21
- We will organize the patrols into Stampeder dog sled teams and take the Yukon Gold Rush Challenge.
- Klondike ~ A test of Scout skills and endurance. Each Patrol forms into a “Stampeder Dog Sled Team” and competes as a separate expedition.
- Mountain Man ~ 4 Boy Scouts, ages 14 years and older, form a team to compete in a test of marksmanship, archery, axe throwing, log chopping, and skills of ingenuity and stamina.
- L’Hivernant ~ Boy Scouts best a cold winter night’s sleep in tents. Troop 29 will be camping over only on Friday night. Warm gear needed – a full listing of recommended winter gear can be found on our website https://troop29franklin.com/documents/
2/27 – 3/1 Feb Ski Trip @ Attitash Grand Summit Hotel & Conference center, Bartlett NH
Final signup will be needed 1/28/15 – no late signups will be accepted due to the nature of this trip. attitash-permslip-02-27-2015
- Cost: $75 [ scouts 12 & under] $80 for the older scouts and $90 for the adults
- Cost includes: Sat/Sun bkfast & Sat dinner, and a 1 day lift ticket.
- Scouts responsible for own Sat lunch, $10 should be fine.
- Lift tickets good at both Attitash & Wildcat. 2-day lift tkt available for those who want to ski both days.
- Rentals & lessons available at a discounted rate, if interested.
Adult Involvement Opportunities
- Coordinate a trip outing for a month.
- There will be movement in current roles (Chairman, ASM, etc). Now is a perfect time to be trained.
- Please talk to Anna Dos Santos at our troop meeting to learn more.
Please contact Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have items to communicate to the troop. Deadline to submit communications is Monday morning by 9am.