12/10 Troop Meeting – Charter School
- Open house for Webelos II. Be sure to say hello to the young scouts and their families.
- Eagle COH roles & responsibilities will be defined. Scouts – check your availability for 1/10.
- Patrols prepare for next Troop Meeting’s service project @ senior center.
- Troop Dues – installment for Dec or full payment if not yet submitted.
- Permission slips for Dec, Jan and Feb outings.
- Please return patrol boxes & jugs from Nov outing – don’t leave the meeting until inspected.
12/17 Troop Meeting at The Estate at Franklin 656 King Street @ 6:45pm
- Troop 29 will be visiting The Estate at Franklin next Wed night singing carols and hosting a holiday reception.
- Scouts are requested to bring baked goods. There are no dietary restrictions for the residents except for one which the Estates will provide for. If your baked good has nuts, please label. The Estate will provide the beverages.
- All Troop parents and siblings are welcome to attend as well to enjoy meeting the residents and joining in on the caroling.
- Please be in your class A uniform – the residents are really looking forward to this event!
- The Estate at Franklin is also known as Emeritus and is right next to the fire station on King Street. The address is: 656 King Street Franklin, MA 02038
- The VFW generously lets us use their basement for storage, but their insurance does not allow for propane to be stored in the facility.
- Under NO circumstances can any propane canisters be left at the VFW. Whether the canister is full or empty – it cannot be stored at the VFW. The troop will lose the ability to store items with the VFW if propane is left in the storage area.
- In the event that you see a propane canister in the facility, please immediately remove it, bring it home, and contact Mr. Ryan at either firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-685-9638 and we will determine the best way to handle the canister.
12/20 Overnight At The Y in Franklin
- We will have the run of the YMCA on Sat eve, 12/20th with access to the pool, pizza for dinner, basketball, dodge ball, games and a movie.
- Bring sleeping bag, swimsuit, towel, plastic bag for wet items, change of clothes, and wash up gear
- Drop off (6pm) and pick up (Sun 7am) will be at the Y
- Permission slip: YMCA Hockomock Franklin MA- 12-20-14 Slip by 12/10 = $25; payment due by 12/17
1/10 Eagle COH @ Franklin United Methodist Church, on East Central Street Franklin
- Honoring John Gilmore & Ethan Szilniczky
- All scouts and troop families are encouraged to attend to honor these scouts for their accomplishment.
- Scouts need to arrive at 3pm to help set up and rehearse parts wearing Class A uniform with bolos & sashes.
- Troop families are asked to bring beverages and desserts to help with the reception immediately following – we are anticipating a number of guest and your help is very appreciated.
- Families with last name from A-K please bring beverages (small bottles of water, juice, soda, etc)
- Families with last name from L-Z please bring a dessert
1/23 – 1/24th Klondike @ Squanto “Gold in the Cold”
- It’s 1899 and gold is discovered in the Klondike region of the Yukon. Suddenly, from all over the country, thousands converge on this forbidding part of North America to “Strike it Rich.” They earn the nickname Stampeders because of their single-minded perseverance to reach the gold fields. Stampeders had to brave climbing sheer walls of ice in Chilkoot Pass and the dangers of the Dead Horse Trail. Few had the stamina to make it. Will you?
- We will organize the patrols into Stampeder dog sled teams and take the Yukon Gold Rush Challenge.
- Klondike ~ A test of Scout skills and endurance. Each Patrol forms into a “Stampeder Dog Sled Team” and competes as a separate expedition.
- Mountain Man ~ 4 Boy Scouts, ages 14 years and older, form a team to compete in a test of marksmanship, archery, axe throwing, log chopping, and skills of ingenuity and stamina.
- L’Hivernant ~ Boy Scouts best a cold winter night’s sleep in tents. Troop 29 will be camping over only on Friday night. Warm gear needed – a full listing of recommended winter gear can be found on our website https://troop29franklin.com/documents/
2/27 – 3/1 Feb Ski Trip @ Attitash Grand Summit Hotel & Conference center, Bartlett NH
Final signup will be needed 1/28/15 – no late signups will be accepted due to the nature of this trip. attitash-permslip-02-27-2015
- Cost: $75 [ scouts 12 & under] $80 for the older scouts and $90 for the adults
- Cost includes: Sat/Sun bkfast & Sat dinner, and a 1 day lift ticket.
- Scouts responsible for own Sat lunch, $10 should be fine.
- Lift tickets good at both Attitash & Wildcat. 2-day lift tkt available for those who want to ski both days.
- Rentals & lessons available at a discounted rate, if interested.
Adult Involvement Opportunities
- Coordinate a trip outing for a month.
- There will be movement in current roles (Chairman, ASM, etc). Now is a perfect time to be trained.
- Please talk to Anna Dos Santos at our troop meeting to learn more.
Please contact Deb Ryan at email@example.com if you have items to communicate to the troop. Deadline to submit communications is Monday morning by 9am.