9/10/14 Troop Meeting 7pm – Charter School
- Hope to see all of the scouts attend as we kick off this scout year.
- Troop leadership training at 6pm for 9/10, 9/17 and 9/24
- Troop Dues – see information below.
September Troop Dues
- It’s time to start collecting the yearly dues of $125 per scout. Families can pay in full this month or spread the payments over 5 months ($25 per scout per month; Sept. to Jan.).
- The yearly dues will cover all rechartering fees and will eliminate the need to do a major fundraiser during the year.
- Checks should be made out to “Troop 29” and should be given to Anna dos Santos or Deb Ryan.
9/14/14 Community Service: VFW Clean up 1-4pm
- Come out and support the VFW by weeding, mowing, sweeping and painting. All hours count towards community service for rank advancement.
- Bring working gloves, rakes, paint brushes, wheel barrels.
- Cookout will follow with hamburgers and hotdogs.
10/15/14 Deadline for Troop COH
- Deadline to submit completed merit badge blue cards, partial summer camp badges and rank advancements to Mrs. Ryan.
- Partial summer camp paperwork will be handed out to the scouts at the first troop meeting on 9/10. The Scout Masters and/or Councilors will be happy to work with you as you work towards completion.
- Troop COH will be 10/29 at 7pm at the Charter School. Families should plan on attending.
2014-2015 Troop Calendar
- Attached is a draft calendar for this year. TROOP 29 Schedule 2014-2015
- There are 2 months where the troop outing dates have not been finalized: April and June.
- Our first scout outing will be 9/26-9/28. Finalization of trip is in progress.
Opportunities for Adult Involvement
- Coordinate a trip outing for a month.
- Community Service Coordinator – assist in identifying opportunities and assist the troop in coordinating.
- There will be movement in current roles (Chairman, ASM, etc) this year as families complete their scouting journey.
- Please talk to Anna Dos Santos at our troop meeting to learn more.
CANCELLED: Volunteer for Remington Jefferson Challenge Due to a generous corporate donation, the need for this service opportunity is no longer needed.
Please contact Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have items to communicate to the troop. Deadline to submit communications is Monday morning by 9am.