If you or a family member need to be added or removed from our Troop News, please go to http://troop29franklin.com and click in the upper left hand where you will find “Following” or “Unfollow”. From there you will find instructions to either add or remove your e-mail address from our Troop News.
9/3/14 PLC and Troop Committee Meeting – Charter School
- PLC 6:30pm.
- Troop Committee 7:30 – all parents are encouraged to attend. Key items to discuss will be: Assign adult support for each monthly outing; Fund raising; Review opportunities with community service; Reverence; Journey to Excellence; New volunteer roles
9/10/14 1st Troop Meeting 7pm – Charter School
10/15/14 Deadline for Troop COH
- Deadline to submit completed merit badge blue cards, partial summer camp badges and rank advancements to Mrs. Ryan.
- Partial summer camp paperwork will be handed out to the scouts at the first troop meeting on 9/10. The Scout Masters and/or Councilors will be happy to work with you as you work towards completion.
- Troop COH will be 10/19 at 7pm at the Charter School. Families should plan on attending.
2014-2015 Troop Calendar
- Attached is a draft calendar for this year. TROOP 29 Schedule 2014-2015
- There are 3 months where the troop outing dates have not been finalized: October, April and June.
- Our first scout outing will be 9/26-9/28.
- Please take a few minutes to update your home calendar with the attached information.
Opportunities for Adult Involvement
- Coordinate a trip outing for a month. If we can have 10 adults (each owning a month) this makes for a very manageable effort!
- Community Service Coordinator – assist in identifying opportunities and assist the troop in coordinating. There are already a number of ideas the Troop Committee have identified as possibilities.
- There will be movement in current roles (Chairman, ASM, etc) this year as families complete their scouting journey.
- Please talk to Anna Dos Santos at our troop meeting to learn more.
10/5/14 Scout Volunteer Opportunity for Remington Jefferson Challenge (Rain Date 10/19)
- Remington Jefferson is holding a 2K-5K walk/run in addition to a Spartan Obstacle Course (for ages 7-14 yrs. old.) and needs youth volunteers for the water tables from 10:30 – 3pm. They are needing 3-4 youth at each water location throughout the course handing out water.
- Please contact Rachel Klawson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mrs. Klawson will also have sign ups at the 9/10 troop meeting.
Please contact Deb Ryan at email@example.com if you have items to communicate to the troop. Deadline to submit communications is Monday morning by 9am.