Hope all in Troop 29 family has had a wonderful summer. Below are some updates as we begin our new year.
9/3/14 PLC and Troop Committee Meeting – Charter School
- PLC 6:30pm. Key items to be discussed will be: Review and confirm patrol membership; Confirm scout role assignments; Review options for Oct and April troop outings and prepare for patrol votes on 9/10; Assign monthly outing to patrols
- Troop Committee 7:30 – all parents are encouraged to attend. Key items to discuss will be: Assign adult support for each monthly outing; Fund raising; Review opportunities with community service; Reverence; Journey to Excellence; New volunteer roles
2014-2015 Troop Calendar
- Attached is a draft calendar for this year. TROOP 29 Schedule 2014-2015
- There are 3 months where the troop outing dates have not been finalized: October, April and June. The scouts will make decisions in September for October and April. As we clear the winter months we will be able to finalize June.
- Our first scout outing will be 9/26-9/28.
- Please take a few minutes to update your home calendar with the attached information.
Opportunities for Adult Involvement
- Coordinate a trip outing for a month. You would work with the Scout Master (or ASM) and the assigned patrol a few months in advance to define the details of the trip. If we can have 10 adults (each owning a month) this makes for a very manageable effort!
- Community Service Coordinator – We would like to do more community service and need assistance in identifying opportunities and assist the troop in coordinating. There are already a number of ideas the Troop Committee have brainstormed, but need help implementing.
- There will be movement in current roles (Chairman, ASM, etc) this year as families complete their scouting journey – so please begin thinking about how you can serve.
10/5/14 Scout Volunteer Opportunity for Remington Jefferson Challenge (Rain Date 10/19)
- Remington Jefferson is holding a 2K-5K walk/run in addition to a Spartan Obstacle Course (for ages 7-14 yrs. old.) and needs youth volunteers for the water tables from 10:30 – 3pm. They are needing 3-4 youth at each water location throughout the course handing out water.
- Please contact Rachel Klawson at email@example.com. Mrs. Klawson will also have sign ups at the 9/10 troop meeting.
Please contact Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have items to communicate to the troop. Deadline to submit communications is Monday morning by 9am.