- Order new wicking class B shirts – deadline is 5/21 ($10/shirt)
New Class B Shirts: The troop is introducing wicking performance class B shirts. Those attending summer camp will receive one at no additional cost. For those not attending summer camp or any that want an additional class B – the cost will be $10/shirt. Please see Tim Cook to order yours. Deadline to order will be May 21st so that order can be placed for summer camp.
COH Upcoming Dates:
- 6/4 – Deadline to submit blue cards and books to Mrs. Ryan to be included in Troop COH
- 6/14 – Eagle COH for Bradley Clements and Andrew Hartnet. COH begins at 4pm. ALL Scouts are expected to attend and many will have a small speaking role. Families are encouraged to attend as well. Please update your calendars. We will announce shortly details for scouts and families.
- 6/18 – Troop COH and Picnic. COH will begin at 6:30pm.
5/26 Memorial Day Events
All troop members and leaders are encouraged to attend the Memorial Day Parade May 26th in your uniform, unless you are playing in a school band for this event. Adults that can walk with the troop is appreciated, 2 deep leadership applies to this event. Please contact Kevin if you are able to participate at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Time: please arrive between 10:00am – 10:15am. Parade will begin around 10:30. If you did not help with set up, please plan to stay for entire program to help take down after parade events.
- Location: between the United Methodist Church parking lot and the museum.
- What to bring: Be in your uniform. Apply sunscreen before and bring water, comfortable shoes/sneakers
Set up for Memorial Day Parade at Town Common
Troop 29 has volunteered as a service project to help set up for the parade. The set up involves assisting with loading of water, chairs, flags and coolers to the common and setting up some tents. Set up team also go to Dean College for podium and platform.
- Time: 7:15am May 26th
- Location: VFW
- What to bring: If you can, please bring a cooler with ice and water for the guests and veterans that will be sitting at the platform – it maybe a very warm day and this will be very welcomed!
If you are being dropped off to support set up, please coordinate a ride home, the set up will be completed before the parade.
5/30 – 6/1: Camping and Biking in Rhode Island
- Leave on Friday, 5/30, at 5:30pm. Camp at Camp Aquapaug, South Kingston, RI.
- Saturday, 5/31 – take the 9:00am ferry to Block Island and spend the day biking around the island. Everyone will return via the 5:00pm ferry to the campsite.
- Scouts are encouraged to take mountain or hybrid bikes in order to take advantage of all the island trails, some of which are not paved. Shorter courses will be mapped out for street bikes.
- Ferry cost: ages 11 or younger = $20 or $25. Ages 12 to adult = $30 or $35.
6/15, 6/19 and 6/22 – Old Colony Council UNO Fund Raiser
Please help support BSA Old Colony Council by enjoying a meal at your local UNO over the 3 dates in June any time from open to close. By presenting the attached coupon ( Dough Raiser Ticket ) UNO will donate 15 – 20% to Old Colony Council. Locations in our area are:
- Bellingham: 1048 South Street
- Wrentham: 205 Hartford Ave
- Forms Due 5/28
8/10 – 8/15: NYLT – Camp Squanto 8/10 – 8/15 – Applicable for scouts with birthdate between 2/11/1994 and 2/10/2001
- National Youth Leader Training is a weeklong training course that provides youth leaders with an opportunity to enhance their leadership skills while living by the Scout Oath and Law, in an exciting outdoor environment. Scouts who earn the NYLT shield are prepared to meet the challenges ahead and are better prepared to work with adult leaders.
- If you are interested, please see Tim Cook to learn more details such as costs, registration, etc.