- PLC @ 6:30
- Committee @ 7:30 – all parents are encouraged to attend
5/26 Memorial Day Events
All troop members and leaders are encouraged to attend the Memorial Day Parade May 26th in your uniform, unless you are playing in a school band for this event. Adults that can walk with the troop is appreciated, 2 deep leadership applies to this event. Please contact Kevin if you are able to participate at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Time: please arrive between 10:00am – 10:15am. Parade will begin around 10:30. If you did not help with set up, please plan to stay for entire program to help take down after parade events.
- Location: between the United Methodist Church parking lot and the museum.
- What to bring: Be in your uniform. Apply sunscreen before and bring water, comfortable shoes/sneakers
Set up for Memorial Day Parade at Town Common
Troop 29 has volunteered as a service project to help set up for the parade. The set up involves assisting with loading of water, chairs, flags and coolers to the common and setting up some tents. Set up team also go to Dean College for podium and platform.
- Time: 7:15am May 26th
- Location: VFW
- What to bring: If you can, please bring a cooler with ice and water for the guests and veterans that will be sitting at the platform – it maybe a very warm day and this will be very welcomed!
If you are being dropped off to support set up, please coordinate a ride home, the set up will be completed before the parade.
5/30 – 6/1: Camping and Biking in Rhode Island The deadline for sign ups will be Wednesday, May 14. Bike_Trip_Block_Island_PermSlip 06-01-2014
- Leave on Friday, 5/30, at 5:30pm. Camp at Camp Aquapaug, South Kingston, RI.
- Saturday, 5/31 – take the 9:00am ferry to Block Island and spend the day biking around the island. Everyone will return via the 5:00pm ferry to the campsite.
- Scouts are encouraged to take mountain or hybrid bikes in order to take advantage of all the island trails, some of which are not paved. Shorter courses will be mapped out for street bikes.
- The troop will pay for the campsite, all food for the weekend and the ferry charge for one vehicle, thanks to the proceeds from the Spaghetti Dinner’s Silent Auction.
- Scouts and adults will only pay for the roundtrip ferry ride. If the group is 25 or more there will be a discount on the ferry tickets, so no payments will be accepted until we have our final count.
- Ferry cost: ages 11 or younger = $20 or $25. Ages 12 to adult = $30 or $35.
- Location: Camp Squanto 200 Cutters Field Road, Plymouth, MA 02360 http://www.campsquanto.net/
- Cost: $380/scout
- Important dates:
- 5/14 – Final fee is due, for a total of $380
- 5/28 – All paperwork is due