4/30/14 Troop Meeting
- Summer Camp: 1st installment of camp fees is due, $190
- Please bring permission slips for the West Point
- Bike trip permission slips will be available at the meeting
5/30 – 6/1: Camping and Biking in Rhode Island The deadline for sign ups will be Wednesday, May 14.
- Leave on Friday, 5/30, at 5:30pm. Camp at Camp Aquapaug, South Kingston, RI.
- Saturday, 5/31 – take the 9:00am ferry to Block Island and spend the day biking around the island. Everyone will return via the 5:00pm ferry to the campsite.
- Scouts are encouraged to take mountain or hybrid bikes in order to take advantage of all the island trails, some of which are not paved. Shorter courses will be mapped out for street bikes.
- The troop will pay for the campsite, all food for the weekend and the ferry charge for one vehicle, thanks to the proceeds from the Spaghetti Dinner’s Silent Auction.
- Scouts and adults will only pay for the roundtrip ferry ride. If the group is 25 or more there will be a discount on the ferry tickets, so no payments will be accepted until we have our final count.
- Ferry cost: ages 11 or younger = $20 or $25. Ages 12 to adult = $30 or $35.
- Please submit the Troop Permission Form as soon as possible so we can have a final count.
7/13 – 7/19: 2014 Summer Camp at Squanto. Coordinator: Tim Cook firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Camp Squanto 200 Cutters Field Road, Plymouth, MA 02360 http://www.campsquanto.net/
- Cost: $380/scout
- Contact Tim if your scout is likely to attend
- Important dates:
- 5/14 – Final fee is due, for a total of $380
- 5/28 – All paperwork is due