We have snow on the radar again this week… If Franklin schools are cancelled on Wed, the troop meeting will also be cancelled.
3/26: Troop Meeting.
- Scouts – Planning for the upcoming Spaghetti Dinner on April 12 will be done at this week’s troop meeting, so it’s imperative that all patrol leaders and scouts attend. All scouts will be assigned a job to prepare for the Dinner. All scouts are expected to attend the Spaghetti Dinner and all families are highly encouraged to attend.
- Welcome new scouts and families that have crossed over from Pack 99.
- Please bring permission slips for the upcoming trips. This is the last troop meeting to sign up for Smith & Wesson Tour.
- Plan on purchasing tickets to the Spaghetti Dinner.
4/12/14: Troop spaghetti Dinner 6pm @ Franklin United Methodist Church This is a troop fundraiser. Scouts will be providing service related items to be auctioned off. Tickets will be $5/person with a cap of $20 per immediate family. We will be asking our troop families to bring a desert to share.
4/24/14: Free Smith & Wesson Tour: For any scout 12yrs and older (age restriction defined by the plant). Sign up for this day trip will be due 4/3 along with a certification form for Smith & Wesson. Smith & Wesson_PermSlip 03-21-2013 Tour Visitor Cert-03282013
5/16 – 5/18: Fishin’ Impossible at Camp Catchelot, Plymouth.
6/14/14: Saturday, June 14, will be our next Eagle Court of Honor.
7/13 – 7/19: 2014 Summer Camp at Squanto. Coordinator: Tim Cook email@example.com
Summer camp is a great time for scouts to earn merit badges and get to know their fellow scouts. It is highly recommended for new scouts. Also, we are looking for parent volunteers. It is a nice, relaxing time for adults, too, so if you would be interested in helping us out for the full week or even half the week, please let Tim know.
- Location: Camp Squanto 200 Cutters Field Road, Plymouth, MA 02360 http://www.campsquanto.net/
- Cost: $380 per scout
- Contact Tim now if your scout is likely to attend summer camp, please get on the mailing list by emailing Tim with the following: Scout’s name, Scout’s t-shirt size, Parents’ name(s), Parents’ email address, Best phone number to use, Volunteering preference (full week, first half, second half) – while this isn’t required, it is greatly appreciated
- Forms: Please note, materials on the Squanto website are prior year. The BSA medical form is available now to download: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
- Important dates:
- 4/9 – Paperwork will be available.
- 4/16 – Informational meeting for parents @ troop meeting.
- 4/30 – 1st installment of camp fees is due, $190
- 5/28 – All paperwork plus final payment of camp fees is due, for a total of $380
- 7/13 (Sun) – Camp check-in at, parents drive scouts to camp and check them in.
- 7/19 (Sat) – Parents join scouts for closing ceremony and drive them home.