Our thoughts and prayers are with the Cronin family. Mr. Cronin’s mother passed away on Friday night. She had been in a hospice from most of the last week after being admitted to hospital with significant levels cancer. She was 82. The wake is planned for Tuesday 4-8pm at Lynch-Cantillon Funeral Home, 263 Main Street, Woburn.
3/19: Troop Meeting.
- Please bring permission slips for the upcoming trips. This is the final date for the Fishing Impossible Trip.
- Plan on purchasing tickets to the Spaghetti Dinner.
- Scouts – sign up for merit badges you will take at Marching outing.
3/21 – 3/23 Merit Badge Campout at Catchalot. Catchalot_PermSlip 03-21-2013 The merit badges that are being offered will be:
- Morning: Art, Cit in Nation, Sustainability
- Early Afternoon: Camping, Cooking, Programming
- Late Afternoon: Communication
4/12/14: Troop spaghetti Dinner 6pm @ Franklin United Methodist Church – Mark your calendars! This is a troop fundraiser. Scouts will be preparing dinner as well as providing service related items to be auctioned off. This is fun evening your family, relatives and friends will not want to miss. Tickets will be $5/person with a cap of $20 per immediate family. We will be asking our troop families to bring a desert to share. Tickets will be on sale at our troop meetings.
4/24/14: Smith & Wesson Tour: For any scout 12yrs and older (age restriction defined by the plant). There is no cost. Sign up for this day trip will be due 4/3 along with a certification form for Smith & Wesson. Smith & Wesson_PermSlip 03-21-2013 Tour Visitor Cert-03282013
5/16 – 5/18: NEW TRIP – Fishin’ Impossible at Camp Catchelot, Plymouth. We have just added a new opportunity in May. This is the Spring Camporee that will be focusing on fishing merit badges (fishing, fly fishing and fish & wildlife mgmt). This trip is being organized by council and we will need to collect permission slips by March 19 – so act now! Catchalot_Fishing_Impossible_PermSlip 05-18-2014
6/14/14: Saturday, June 14, will be our next Eagle Court of Honor. Please update your calendars.
7/13 – 7/19: 2014 Summer Camp at Squanto. Coordinator: Tim Cook firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer camp is a great time for scouts to earn merit badges and get to know their fellow scouts. It is highly recommended for new scouts. Also, we are looking for parent volunteers. It is a nice, relaxing time for adults, too, so if you would be interested in helping us out for the full week or even half the week, please let Tim know.
- Location: Camp Squanto 200 Cutters Field Road, Plymouth, MA 02360 http://www.campsquanto.net/ *
- Cost: $380 per scout
- Contact Tim now if your scout is likely to attend summer camp, please get on the mailing list by emailing Tim with the following: Scout’s name, Scout’s t-shirt size, Parents’ name(s), Parents’ email address, Best phone number to use, Volunteering preference (full week, first half, second half) – while this isn’t required, it is greatly appreciated
- Forms: Please note, materials on the Squanto website are prior year. The BSA medical form is available now to download: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
- Important dates:
- 4/9 – Paperwork will be available.
- 4/16 – Informational meeting for parents @ troop meeting.
- 4/30 – 1st installment of camp fees is due, $190
- 5/28 – All paperwork plus final payment of camp fees is due, for a total of $380
- 7/13 (Sun) – Camp check-in at, parents drive scouts to camp and check them in.
- 7/19 (Sat) – Parents join scouts for closing ceremony and drive them home.