There will be no meetings 12/25 or 1/1.
EAGLE COURT OF HONOR – SATURDAY 1/11/14
- On January 11th at 4:00pm, Troop 29 will hold an Eagle COH at the Franklin United Methodist Church, 82 West Central Street. All families are encouraged to attend to honor these scouts for their accomplishment. All scouts are expected to attend and several will need to participate in the ceremony.
- At the PLC meeting on 1/8, scouts will be assigned to various roles for the ceremony so we must know whether or not they will be able to attend the Eagle COH. Scouts will need to arrive by 3:00pm on 1/11, for rehearsal.
- Please email Anna dos Santos (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let her know if your scout can attend.
- Adult volunteers, especially from the families of our younger scouts, are needed in order to provide continuity for future courts of honor. Adults are needed to order and pickup the Eagle cake, setup the refreshment tables, and assist with the setup of the COH tables for the ceremony. Much of the process is documented, so it’s pretty easy work! Please email Anna dos Santos (email@example.com) if you’d like to volunteer.
- We will be having a reception immediately following the ceremony celebrating our Eagle Scouts.
- Families with last name from A-D please bring beverages (small bottles of water, juice, etc)
- Families with last name from E-Z please bring a dessert
NEXT MEETINGS 1/8/14
- 1/8 will be the PLC (6:30pm) and Troop Committee meeting (7:30pm)
- During our break – if you have not yet already, please contact Anna dos Santos regarding the following:
- Verbal response to the Klondike (scouts and adults)
- Verbal response for West Point (scouts and adults)
- Able to attend Eagle COH 1/11/14
WEST POINT TRIP 5/2 – 5/4/14
- Troop 29 has been invited to the 52nd Annual West Point Invitational Camporee to be held 5/2/14-5/4/14, in West Point, NY. This camporee is organized and run by the cadets of West Point and bring together thousands of scouts from the East and Mid-west to share and compete in fun, but challenging, leadership and team building events. . The Camporee Registration Form and payment are due to West Point by 1/15/14, however, so we must get a headcount of scout and adult attendees ASAP.
- If you have not already let us know if your scout can attend, please email Anna dos Santos, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to RSVP.
KLONDIKE DATE CHANGED TO 1/31 – 2/1
- Please note another change in our Troop’s Event Schedule. The Seven Rivers Klondike event has been moved from January 24 & 25 to January 31 & February 1, and will be held at Camp Norse in Kingston.
- Please contact Anna dos Santos at email@example.com to RSVP for Klondike.
MERIT BADGE COUNCILORS NEEDED
Make a New Years resolution to become more involved in the troop. The Troop needs you to consider becoming a merit badge counselor. The Troop has only one counselor for most of the white ring needed for Eagle. A complete list of merit badge subjects and requirements can be found at www.meritbadge.org. The MB Counselor registration form can be found on our website, www.troop29franklin.com. Please see Jeff Schwartz or Anna dos Santos to sign up!
COOKING MERIT BADGE
As of January 1st, Cooking Merit Badge becomes a Required Merit Badge for the Rank of Eagle Scout. For More Info on the Change Click Here!
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00am on Monday.