THIS WEEK – TROOP MEETING
- Please bring the following :
- Rechartering forms and fees ($65/scout plus $12 for Boys Life)
- Merit Badge Councilor Registration
- Verbal response to the Klondike
- Verbal response for West Point
WEST POINT TRIP 5/2 – 5/4/14
Troop 29 has been invited to the 52nd Annual West Point Invitational Camporee to be held 5/2/14-5/4/14, in West Point, NY. This camporee is organized and run by the cadets of West Point and bring together thousands of scouts from the East and Mid-west to share and compete in fun, but challenging, leadership and team building events. More information will be available at the 12/18 troop meeting. The Camporee Registration Form and payment are due to West Point by 1/15/14, however, so we must get a headcount of scout and adult attendees ASAP. If you will not be at the 12/18 troop meeting, please email Anna dos Santos, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to RSVP.
KLONDIKE DATE CHANGED TO 1/31 – 2/1
- Please note another change in our Troop’s Event Schedule. The Seven Rivers Klondike event has been moved from January 24 & 25 to January 31 & February 1, and will be held at Camp Norse in Kingston.
- The Troop needs to know which scouts and adults will be attending Klondike by our December 18 troop meeting, at the latest.
- Please contact Anna dos Santos at the Dec. 11th or 18th meetings or email her at email@example.com to RSVP for Klondike.
EAGLE COURT OF HONOR – CHANGE IN DATES
- We have changed the dates to be: Saturday, January 11, 2014 and Saturday, May 17, 2014.
- The ceremonies will start at 4:00pm & setup starts at 2:00pm.
MERIT BADGE COUNCILORS NEEDED
The Troop needs you to consider becoming a merit badge counselor. The Troop would like to have at least 2 counselors for each white ring subject, which are needed for Eagle Rank. There are no counselors for First Aid or Emergency Preparedness!
The Troop has only one counselor for most of the white ring needed for Eagle. See Anna for details.
Don’t be intimidated by the subject matter. Most of the merit badge requirements can be done by studying the merit badge booklets. A complete list of merit badge subjects and requirements can be found at www.meritbadge.org. The MB Counselor registration form can be found on our website, www.troop29franklin.com. Please see Jeff Schwartz or Anna dos Santos to sign up!
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00am on Monday.