THIS WEEK – TROOP MEETING
- Please bring the following :
- Permission slip for the Y overnight – event is this Saturday
- Rechartering forms and fees
- Merit Badge Councilor Registration
- Verbal response to the Klondike
TROOP RECHARTERING – DUE 12/11
Registration fees ($65 per scout, plus $12 for Boys Life, if wanted) are due by Dec. 11.
12/14 OVERNIGHT AT THE “Y”
- Too cold outside to swim or play basketball? Ah, but Troop 29 will have the run of the YMCA in Franklin on the night of Saturday December 14th ! We will have access to the pool, pizza for dinner, and afterwards the opportunity for basketball, dodge ball, games and a movie. The trip will start on Saturday night and end on Sunday morning. Since this event is local, we will not be gathering at the VFW. Here is the information about the trip.
- Saturday, December 14th at 6:00 PM – Meet at the YMCA at 45 Forge Hill Road in Franklin, MA
- Sunday, December 15th 7:00 AM – Pick up at the YMCA. Please be prompt on Sunday morning for the pickup
- Activities: Pizza dinner at 6:30, Games in the gym until 8pm, Swimming 8pm – 9pm. YMCA life guards will be on hand during this time. Open gym for games and movie
- Cost: $20/person YMCA_Permission_Slip_12-14-2013
- Adult Help: Supervision – we need adults to stay overnight and supervise the scouts
- Scouts should bring a sleeping bag, a swimsuit, towel, a plastic bag for wet items, a change of clothes, and wash up gear
- Food: We will have pizza delivered. Patrols will be assigned to bring drinks and snacks
KLONDIKE DATE CHANGED TO 1/31 – 2/1
- Please note another change in our Troop’s Event Schedule. The Seven Rivers Klondike event has been moved from January 24 & 25 to January 31 & February 1, and will be held at Camp Norse in Kingston.
- The Troop needs to know which scouts and adults will be attending Klondike by our December 18 troop meeting, at the latest.
- Please contact Anna dos Santos at the Dec. 11th or 18th meetings or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP for Klondike.
EAGLE COURT OF HONOR – CHANGE IN DATES
- We have changed the dates to be: Saturday, January 11, 2014 and Saturday, May 17, 2014.
- The ceremonies will start at 4:00pm & setup starts at 2:00pm.
MERIT BADGE COUNCILORS NEEDED
The Troop needs you to consider becoming a merit badge counselor. The Troop would like to have at least 2 counselors for each white ring subject, which are needed for Eagle Rank. There are no counselors for First Aid or Emergency Preparedness!
The Troop has only one counselor for most of the white ring needed for Eagle. See Anna for details.
Don’t be intimidated by the subject matter. Most of the merit badge requirements can be done by studying the merit badge booklets. A complete list of merit badge subjects and requirements can be found at www.meritbadge.org. The MB Counselor registration form can be found on our website, www.troop29franklin.com. Please see Jeff Schwartz or Anna dos Santos to sign up!
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at email@example.com by 9:00am on Monday.