THIS WEEK – COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- Patrol Leaders Please Note: The PLC Meeting on Wed., 12/4, will begin at 6:00pm and will last for 90 minutes. The extra time will be used to do some advance planning for the next 7 months.
- 7:30pm – Troop Committee Meeting. All parents are encouraged to attend
- Please bring the following :
- Permission slip for the Y overnight
- Rechartering forms and fees
- Merit Badge Councilor Registration
KLONDIKE DATE CHANGED TO 1/31 – 2/1
- Please note another change in our Troop’s Event Schedule. The Seven Rivers Klondike event has been moved from January 24 & 25 to January 31 & February 1, and will be held at Camp Norse in Kingston.
- The Troop needs to know which scouts and adults will be attending Klondike by our December 18 troop meeting, at the latest.
- Please contact Anna dos Santos at the Dec. 11th or 18th meetings or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP for Klondike.
12/14 OVERNIGHT AT THE “Y”
- Too cold outside to swim or play basketball? Ah, but Troop 29 will have the run of the YMCA in Franklin on the night of Saturday December 14th ! We will have access to the pool, pizza for dinner, and afterwards the opportunity for basketball, dodge ball, games and a movie. The trip will start on Saturday night and end on Sunday morning. Since this event is local, we will not be gathering at the VFW.Here is the information about the trip.
- Saturday, December 14th at 6:00 PM – Meet at the YMCA at 45 Forge Hill Road in Franklin, MA
- Sunday, December 15th 7:00 AM – Pick up at the YMCA. Please be prompt on Sunday morning for the pickup
- Activities: Pizza dinner at 6:30, Games in the gym until 8pm, Swimming 8pm – 9pm. YMCA life guards will be on hand during this time. Open gym for games and movie
- Cost: $20/person YMCA_Permission_Slip_12-14-2013
- Adult Help: Supervision – we need adults to stay overnight and supervise the scouts
- Scouts should bring a sleeping bag, a swimsuit, towel, a plastic bag for wet items, a change of clothes, and wash up gear
- Food: We will have pizza delivered. Patrols will be assigned to bring drinks and snacks
TROOP RECHARTERING – DUE 12/11
Rechartering forms were distributed last week and will be available at this week’s troop meeting as well. Registration fees ($65 per scout, plus $12 for Boys Life, if wanted) are due by Dec. 11.
EAGLE COURT OF HONOR – CHANGE IN DATES
- We have changed the dates to be: Saturday, January 11, 2014 and Saturday, May 17, 2014.
- The ceremonies will start at 4:00pm & setup starts at 2:00pm.
MERIT BADGE COUNCILORS NEEDED
The Troop needs you to consider becoming a merit badge counselor. It’s important for our scouts to have counselors available for all white rings which are needed for Eagle Rank and a broad variety of green rings. The Troop would like to have at least 2 counselors for each white ring subject. There are no counselors for First Aid or Emergency Preparedness!
The Troop has only one counselor for most of the white ring needed for Eagle. See Anna for details.
Don’t be intimidated by the subject matter. Most of the merit badge requirements can be done by studying the merit badge booklets. A complete list of merit badge subjects and requirements can be found at www.meritbadge.org. The MB Counselor registration form can be found on our website, www.troop29franklin.com. Please see Jeff Schwartz or Anna dos Santos to sign up!
RADIO MERIT BADGE
Mark Hofstra, the Pack 92 Secretary , offered to be a Merit Badge councilor for the Radio Merit badge. He is a licensed HAM Radio operator. If you are interested and want to learn more, contact Mr. Jolie at email@example.com
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00am on Monday.