There are a number of updates in our post this week…
THIS WEEK – TROOP MEETING
- Notify Jeff if you will be able to help bring poles on the trip
- If you have not already done so, please bring in your $120 for chocolate.
- Please bring your permissions slip for our November trip. Treasure Valley PermSlip 11-22-2013
11/22 – 11/23 MONKEY BRIDGE BUILDING @ TREASURE VALLEY
- NEEDED FOR THIS WEEKEND: Someone (with a roof rack or a pick up truck) to go over to John Gilmore’s place and pick up the support poles for the bridge project before Friday.
- Address is Treasure Valley Scout Reservation 394 Pleasantdale Road Rutland MA
- Link for map: https://maps.google.com/maps? saddr=Franklin,+MA&daddr= Treasure+Valley+Scout+ Reservation++394+Pleasantdale+ Road+Rutland,+MA+01543&hl=en& ll=42.041134,-71.477051&spn=1. 421703,1.809998&sll=42.322874, -71.986649&sspn=0.011058,0. 014141&geocode=FWckggIdi5K– ykTPnc8lW_kiTEikat6o5OdmQ% 3BFYvIhQIdbJG1- yG9b3d4hXQtGykvWKm88KrmiTG9b3d 4hXQtGw&mra=ls&t=m&z=9
TROOP RECHARTERING – DUE 12/11
Rechartering forms were distributed last week and will be available at this week’s troop meeting as well. Registration fees ($65 per scout, plus $12 for Boys Life, if wanted) are due by Dec. 11.
FRIENDS OF FRANKLIN – THANKSGIVING DELIVERIES
- The Friends of Franklin are preparing for their Thanksgiving food deliveries to approximately 200 families. Deliveries will be on Sunday, Nov 24th starting at 10am at the Clark Cutler McDermott’s facility located at 130 Constitution Boulevard Franklin.
- Jennifer Parella will be the contact for families interested in driving on Sunday. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help.
- With respect to Christmas, they will be delivering on December 22nd
EAGLE COURT OF HONOR – CHANGE IN DATES
- Due to schedule changes at FUMC, Troop 29 needed to reconsider the dates for our Eagle COH
- After speaking with the families of our future eagle scouts, we have changed the dates to be:
- Saturday, January 11, 2014
- Saturday, May 17, 2014.
- The ceremonies will start at 4:00pm & setup starts at 2:00pm.
- Please update your calendars and we hope that all the scouts and their families will be able to attend to celebrate the achievements of their peers.
MERIT BADGE COUNCILORS NEEDED
The Troop needs you to consider becoming a merit badge counselor. It’s important for our scouts to have counselors available for all white rings which are needed for Eagle Rank and a broad variety of green rings. The Troop would like to have at least 2 counselors for each white ring subject. There are no counselors for First Aid or Emergency Preparedness!
The Troop has only one counselor for:
- Citizenship in the Community
- Citizenship in the Nation
- Citizenship in the World
- Personal Fitness
- Environmental Science
Don’t be intimidated by the subject matter. Most of the merit badge requirements can be done by studying the merit badge booklets. A complete list of merit badge subjects and requirements can be found at www.meritbadge.org. The MB Counselor registration form can be found on our website, www.troop29franklin.com. Please see Jeff Schwartz or Anna dos Santos to sign up!
RADIO MERIT BADGE
Mark Hofstra, the Pack 92 Secretary , offered to be a Merit Badge councilor for the Radio Merit badge. He is a licensed HAM Radio operator. If you are interested and want to learn more, contact Mr. Jolie at email@example.com
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00am on Monday.