THIS WEEK – TROOP MEETING
- Please bring $120 for your chocolate bars if you have not already
- Sign up for chocolate sales
CITIZENSHIP IN THE WORLD
The merit badge class for Citizenship in the World will be offered starting on 11/13, at 6:00pm, just before the troop meeting. If your scout needs this MB and has not yet signed up, please contact Anna dos Santos (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up. Class schedules, MB booklets, and worksheets will be distributed on 10/23 and 10/30.
CHOCOLATE BARS ARE HERE!
- The troop’s major fundraising effort for this year began on 9/25. There are still several scouts that have not picked up their bars – please plan on picking them up this week.
- Families pay the troop up front for the bars ($120, payable to Troop 29) and then can sell them to families, friends, neighbors or at troop organized sale locations for $2.00 each.
DEN CHIEF TRAINING SATURDAY 10/26
- Den Chief training will take place in Braintree on 10/26 from 8am – 12 pm. Location is Braintree Moose Lodge, 175 Howard St. Braintree. You will be asked to wear your Class A uniform.
- This is a live course that will give you the tools to understand your role as a Den Chief and help you succeed. You will enjoy hands on activities in an interactive and fun setting.
- Troop will pick up expenses.
- Please contact your Scout Master if you are interested in participating. Another training will be held 12/7 – location and time TBD.
SCOUT MASTER TRAINING
- Think you might want to become our Scoutmaster in the future? Scoutmaster Basic 1-2-3, a one day class required for trained Scoutmasters, will be held on Saturday, 10/19, in Foxboro.
- Outdoor Leader Skills, also required for the Scoutmaster “Trained” badge, will be held the weekend of 10/26-27, in the Foxboro/Wrentham area.
- Please contact Anna dos Santos if you’d like to sign up.
SCOUTING FOR FOOD
- Troop 29 is participating in Scouting for Food supporting the Franklin Food Pantry.
- We ask that you return the bags at the 10/30th troop meeting – please don’t bring them earlier.
RADIO MERIT BADGE
Mark Hofstra, the Pack 92 Secretary , offered to be a Merit Badge councilor for the Radio Merit badge. He is a licensed HAM Radio operator. If you are interested and want to learn more, contact Mr. Jolie at email@example.com
FALL COH (Court of Honor) 10/30 @ Charter School
- There will be a reception following the COH.
- For last names starting with A-P please bring desserts
- For last names starting with Q – Z please bring beverages (bottled water, soda, etc)
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00am on Monday.