THIS WEEK – TROOP MEETING
- Please bring $120 for your chocolate bars
- Reminder: COH submissions due 10/16th.
- Sign up for chocolate sales
CHOCOLATE BARS ARE HERE!
- The troop’s major fundraising effort for this year began on 9/25. There are several scouts that have not picked up their bars – please plan on picking them up this week.
- Families pay the troop up front for the bars ($120, payable to Troop 29) and then can sell them to families, friends, neighbors or at troop organized sale locations for $2.00 each.
DEN CHIEF TRAINING SATURDAY 10/26
- Den Chief training will take place in Braintree on 10/26 from 8am – 12 pm. Location is Braintree Moose Lodge, 175 Howard St. Braintree. You will be asked to wear your Class A uniform.
- This is a live course that will give you the tools to understand your role as a Den Chief and help you succeed. You will enjoy hands on activities in an interactive and fun setting.
- Troop will pick up expenses.
- Please contact your Scout Master if you are interested in participating. Another training will be held 12/7 – location and time TBD.
SCOUT MASTER TRAINING
- Think you might want to become our Scoutmaster in the future? Scoutmaster Basic 1-2-3, a one day class required for trained Scoutmasters, will be held on Saturday, 10/19, in Foxboro.
- Outdoor Leader Skills, also required for the Scoutmaster “Trained” badge, will be held the weekend of 10/26-27, in the Foxboro/Wrentham area.
- Please contact Anna dos Santos if you’d like to sign up.
SCOUTING FOR FOOD
- Troop 29 will be participating in Scouting for Food supporting the Franklin Food Pantry.
- Bags will be provided at the 10/16th troop meeting
- We ask that you return the bags at the 10/30th troop meeting.
RADIO MERIT BADGE
Mark Hofstra, the Pack 92 Secretary , offered to be a Merit Badge councilor for the Radio Merit badge. He is a licensed HAM Radio operator. If you are interested and want to learn more, contact Mr. Jolie at firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd ANNUAL LADYBUG 5K @ KENNEDY SCHOOL 10/19TH 8:30 – 11:30AM
- Looking for 10-12 volunteers to help direct the flow of traffic and assist with parking in the front of the Kennedy School and side streets.
- We will provide safety vests for visibility.
- Volunteers would need to arrive by 8:30 and check in with one of the race coordinators for location. Expect completion by 11:30.
- Volunteer hours are available and sheets will be handed out at the end of the event before you leave.
- Please contact Jennifer Parrella at email@example.com if you are able to help.
PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- ACTIVITY COORDINATOR TEAM:
- A core small group is needed to support our Activities for the year to identify and reserve locations. Bob Latshaw will be an excellent resource to get you up to speed quickly.
- Sept – Dec have individuals planning already.
- SUCCESSION PLANNING
- Scout Master and Assistant Scoutmasters – the troop needs to begin to succession plan for anticipated future needs. Now is a great time to jump on board and learn from those currently in the roles.
- Committee Chair – Expect this role to become available next year. Now is an ideal time to shadow Anna to then easily step in – she is very organized and has laid it up nicely for the next person.
- Please contact Anna DosSantos at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to her at an upcoming meeting if you would like to know more about how you can support your troop.
FALL COH (Court of Honor) 10/30 @ Charter School
- All rank and badge submissions must be turned in to Mrs. Ryan by Oct 16th.
- There will be a reception following the COH – more details will come closer to the date.
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at email@example.com by 9:00am on Monday.