THIS WEEK – COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- 6:30pm Charter School – Patrol Leaders Council (PLC)
- 7:30pm – Troop Committee Meeting. All parents are encouraged to attend
- Please bring the following :
- Medical Form for MassJam, if you did not attend summer camp
- $120 for your chocolate bars
CHOCOLATE BARS COMING ARE HERE!
- The troop’s major fundraising effort for this year began on 9/25. There are 11 scouts that have not picked up their bars – please plan on picking them up on 10/9. Each scout will receive 60 chocolate bars – 20 each of dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and crispy milk chocolate.
- Families pay the troop up front for the bars ($120, payable to Troop 29) and then can sell them to families, friends, neighbors or at troop organized sale locations for $2.00 each.
- At the next troop meeting there will be sign ups for locations to sell our chocolate.
SCOUT MASTER TRAINING
- Think you might want to become our Scoutmaster in the future? Scoutmaster Basic 1-2-3, a one day class required for trained Scoutmasters, will be held on Saturday, 10/19, in Foxboro.
- Outdoor Leader Skills, also required for the Scoutmaster “Trained” badge, will be held the weekend of 10/26-27, in the Foxboro/Wrentham area.
- Please contact Anna dos Santos if you’d like to sign up.
RADIO MERIT BADGE
Mark Hofstra, the Pack 92 Secretary , offered to be a Merit Badge councilor for the Radio Merit badge. He is a licensed HAM Radio operator. If you are interested and want to learn more, contact Mr. Jolie at firstname.lastname@example.org
10/12-10/14 MASSJAM AT CAPE COD FAIRGROUNDS, FALMOUTH
- Permission slip-Oct-MassJam-2
- Medical Forms will be needed. BSA_medical_form_2013
- If you did not attend summer camp, this will need to be completed and provided to Tim Cook.
- This must be completed by a physician for every scout and adult volunteer attending MassJam.
PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- ACTIVITY COORDINATOR TEAM:
- A core small group is needed to support our Activities for the year to identify and reserve locations. Bob Latshaw will be an excellent resource to get you up to speed quickly.
- Sept – Dec have individuals planning already.
- SUCCESSION PLANNING
- Scout Master and Assistant Scoutmasters – the troop needs to begin to succession plan for anticipated future needs. Now is a great time to jump on board and learn from those currently in the roles.
- Committee Chair – Expect this role to become available next year. Now is an ideal time to shadow Anna to then easily step in – she is very organized and has laid it up nicely for the next person.
- Please contact Anna DosSantos at email@example.com or speak to her at an upcoming meeting if you would like to know more about how you can support your troop.
FALL COH (Court of Honor) 10/30 @ Charter School
- All rank and badge submissions must be turned in to Mrs. Ryan by Oct 16th.
- There will be a reception following the COH – more details will come closer to the date.
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00am on Monday.