I do hope all of our troop families have had a good, but short, summer. For many of our scouts, this week means saying goodbye to the summer break. Your troop leaders have been busy preparing for our upcoming scout year, and it promises to be another great year for Troop 29.
- 9/4 6:30pm Charter School – Patrol Leaders Council (PLC)
- 9/4 7:30pm – Troop Committee Meeting. All parents are encouraged to attend
- 9/11 7pm Charter School – Full troop meeting. IMPORTANT: Please bring your MassJam permission slip to this meeting.
In general, for each month, the first Wed will be the PLC and Troop Committee meeting. All other Wed will be the full troop meeting with the exceptions of Franklin school holidays. Attached is the calendar that was mailed to you last week. TROOP 29 Schedule 2013-2014-2
FALL COH (Court of Honor)
- Please mark your calendars: We will be holding our troop COH October 30th at the Charter School.
- All rank and badge submissions must be turned in to Mrs. Ryan by Oct 16th.
- There will be a reception following the COH – more details will come closer to the date.
- Our September outing will be a hiking/backpacking outing that will take place Sept 27-29th.
- Plans are underway currently and we thank Jean Roche for spearheading this effort.
- As plans are shortly finalized, we will be sending out permission slips.
OCTOBER MASSJAM AT CAPE COD FAIRGROUNDS, FALMOUTH
- Troops across Massachusets as well as other nearby states are all coming together over Columbus Day weekend taking part in many challenging and fund activities and competitions.
- This is a large effort and we need to get a head count and payment to give to council by 9/15. We thank Anna DosSantos for coordinating this activity for the troop.
- Attached is the permission slip to be completed and handed back in by our first meeting – 9/11. This is the same slip that was mailed to you last week. Permission slip-Oct-MassJam-2
PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- ACTIVITY COORDINATOR TEAM:
- A core small group is needed to support our Activities for the year. Building a small team working closely with the Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmasters to identify and reserve locations is very much needed.
- Bob Latshaw has collected quite a bit of information that is available to share to benefit from his tenure in this role.
- Sept, Oct and Dec have individuals planning already, but a small team is needed to begin working on Nov and the remaining outings.
- SUCCESSION PLANNING
- Scout Master and Assistant Scoutmasters – the troop needs to begin to succession plan for anticipated future needs. Now is a great time to jump on board and learn from those currently in the roles.
- Committee Chair – Expect this role to become available next year. Now is an ideal time to shadow Anna to then easily step in – she is very organized and has laid it up nicely for the next person.
- Please contact Anna DosSantos at email@example.com or speak to her at an upcoming meeting if you would like to know more about how you can support your troop.
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00am on Monday.