THIS WEEK – COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- The PLC meet will be held this week at 6:30pm
- The Troop Committee meeting at 7:30pm – at the Charter School. All parents are welcome to attend.
- If you have not already done so, please provide summer camp final $180 (total of $360) installment payment to Mr. Cook .
- Bring in your June trip permission slip and indicate how you, as an adult, can support this trip. Canoe Trip 062113 Perm This week is the deadline for this trip to support planning efforts.
- Please bring in any completed blue cards or advancement. Wed is the last day for submission, no exceptions.
ADULTS PARTICIPATING IN CANOE TRIP – TRAINING IS NEEDED
- Adults that are attending the June canoe trip must take the Safety Afloat Certification.
- Any new adults to the troop need to take Youth Protection Training.
- Once completed, please present to Deb Ryan the certificate you will receive online for the training for recording purposes.
- To take the training, go to http://www.oldcolonycouncil.org/training_adult_scout.htm and scroll down to find the training.
- You do not need to have a BSA ID to take the training. However, if you do have one, please log in so that the training will be connected to your ID for future references.
CANOEING THE PEMIGEWASSET RIVER, CAMPTON, NH 6/21-23
- This type of trip needs advance planning. Last minute registrations may not be accommodated due to the needed planning. It is important to get an accurate headcount ASAP so that the final preparations can be made which include:
- shuttle van reservations with the outfitter
- ensuring enough canoes are rented and pairing scouts in canoes
- scouts planning meals
- The deadline to sign up for the trip is this Wed, June 5th at either the PLC at 6:30 or the Committee Mtg at 7:30.
- Clothing requirements:
- Water shoes or an extra pair of sneakers that can get wet in the canoe. You may need to get out of the canoe in the middle of the river.
- Bathing suit
- Ball cap to help keep the sun off your face.
- Small day pack with 2 trash bags. This is to bring extra dry clothes.
- Rain gear.
- The outfitter provides PFDs, but if you prefer to you can bring your own.
- Any questions contact Bob Latshaw at email@example.com
TROOP COH 6/19
- Our Spring Troop COH will be June 19 at the Charter School.
- All blue cards and advancement must be submitted to Mrs. Ryan no later than June 5th to be a part of the COH.
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00am on Mondays.