THIS WEEK – TROOP MEETING
- If you have not already done so, please provide summer camp final $180 (total of $360) installment payment to Mr. Cook .
- Please bring back any troop camping gear from May’s trip.
- Don’t forget to bring in your June trip permission slips and indicate how you, as an adult, can support this trip. Canoe Trip 062113 Perm
CANOEING THE PEMIGEWASSET RIVER, CAMPTON, NH 6/21-23
- This promises to be a very fun trip, an 11 mile paddle down the beautiful Pemigewasset River in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Other than the Maine High Adventure trip, this will be the longest canoe trip the troop has taken in recent history.
- There are a limited number of canoes for this trip.
- It is very important that you register early so we can get an accurate count of scouts that plan to attend. While the recent bike trip was a lot of fun, the large number of late registrants made things very difficult for the trip organizers.
- Even though this trip requires experience handling a canoe and also requires participants to have the swimming merit badge, all scouts are invited.
- Scouts that do not participate in the canoeing activity can work on rank advancement at base camp. We will rejoin you mid-afternoon.
- The base camp offering depends on us getting enough adult supervision to run a separate session. So, parents of base camp scouts, the best way to ensure that we can offer this option is for you to volunteer to help at base camp.
- For new scouts, this is also a reminder that any new scout that plans to attend summer camp must sleep over one night on a weekend camping trip with a parent. This is the last troop trip before summer camp.
- We will camp in Campton New Hampshire at the Branch Brook Campground http://www.campnh.com/
- This is a full service campground so it has pools and activity areas. Fun, fun, fun!
- The campground is 150 miles from Franklin
- The outfitter will take us to the start of our canoe trip in the morning
- We will have lunch on the river and be back in camp mid-afternoon
- Since we have to rent canoes and we are staying in a full service campground, this trip is a little more expensive than usual, the fee is $40
- Since we need to plan out which scout is going in which canoe, late registrations are highly disruptive and not appreciated. Please register on time.
- The permission slip has a place for you to indicate if you have a canoe that you can offer to bring on the trip. Canoe Trip 062113 Perm
- There will be a separate announcement regarding the proper clothing for this trip.
- Any questions contact Bob Latshaw at email@example.com
MEMORIAL DAY PARADE – Monday 5/27
All troop members and leaders are encouraged to attend the Memorial Day Parade May 27th in your uniform, unless you are playing in a school band for this event. Adults that can walk with the troop is appreciated, 2 deep leadership applies to this event. Please contact Mr. Cronin if you are able to participate at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Time: please arrive between 10:00am – 10:15am. Parade will begin around 10:30
- Location: between the United Methodist Church parking lot and the museum.
- What to bring: Be in your uniform. Apply sunscreen before and bring water, comfortable shoes/sneakers
Set up for Memorial Day Parade at Town Common
Troop 29 has volunteered as a service project to help set up for the parade. The set up involves assisting with loading of water, chairs, flags and coolers to the common and setting up some tents. Set up team also go to Dean College for podium and platform.
- Time: 7:15am May 27th
- Location: VFW
- What to bring: If you can, please bring a cooler with ice and water for the guests and veterans that will be sitting at the platform – it will be a very warm day and this will be very welcomed!
If you are being dropped off to support set up, please coordinate a ride home, the set up will be completed before the parade.
YOUTH MEDIUM SCOUT SHIRT
The Roche’s have a youth medium scout uniform shirt to give to anyone who needs it or knows someone who could in the future. Please contact Jean at email@example.com.
TROOP COH 6/19
Our Spring Troop COH will be June 19 at the Charter School. All blue cards and advancement must be submitted to Mrs. Ryan no later than June 5th to be a part of the COH. Please plan accordingly.