EAGLE COH THIS SUNDAY 5/5 2pm –
EAGLE VOLUNTEERS & DESSERTS NEEDED
- On May 5, 2013 at 2:00pm, Troop 29 will hold an Eagle COH for Patrick McLaughlin, Justin Chander, Adam Shanahan and Evan Dean, at the Franklin United Methodist Church, on East Central Street. All families are encouraged to attend to honor these scouts for their accomplishment. We particularly need scouts to attend and participate in the ceremony.
- We will be having a reception immediately following the ceremony celebrating our Eagle Scouts.
- Families with last name from A-D please bring beverages (small bottles of water, juice, etc)
- Families with last name from E-Z please bring a dessert
- Scouts need to arrive by 1:15 to rehearse.
- We need more Eagle scouts to attend. Please let Anna dos Santos know if you will be going. email@example.com
THIS WEEK – COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- The PLC meet will be held this week at 6:30pm
- The Troop Committee meeting at 7:30pm – at the Charter School. All parents are welcome to attend.
- If you have not yet, please provide summer camp first installment payment.
- Bring in your May trip permission slips.
- Reminder – Personal Merit badge meeting taking place TONIGHT at 7pm.
5/17-19TH: BIKING ON EAST BAY BIKE PATH RI, CAMP BUXTON RHOBOTH, MA
- Biking the East Bay Bike Path, a beautiful path of 29 miles from Bristol RI to East Providence, RI. http://www.dot.ri.gov/bikeri/east_bay_bike_path.asp
- Scouts must not bring BMX style bikes. Scouts must have a multi-gear bike to complete this trip. So start planning now if you need to borrow a bike for the trip.
- Bikes must be in good repair. We will refuse a scout from the trip if their bike is not in good repair.
- Scouts must wear a helmet
Lots of Adult Help Needed! How Can You Help?
- Carry bikes on your bike rack.
- Set up a lunch station
- Ride with the scouts – to be able to split up scouts based on ability
- Along the route in case of an emergency
- Please let us know if you will arrive late or leave early so that we can prepare Bike_trip_Buxton_05-17-13_permslip
SUMMER CAMP : 7/14 – 7/20th
- Cost is $360. $180 due by April 24th and balance due by May 8th.
- Scouts and adults – now is the time to decide on summer camp. Camp is a great opportunity to earn a few merit badges and to get to know your fellow scouts.
- At this time we do not think the maritime adventure option will be feasible, but if we get enough adult volunteers, the troop will be happy to revisit this option.
TROOP COH 6/19
Our Spring Troop COH will be June 19 at the Charter School. All blue cards and advancement must be submitted to Mrs. Ryan no later than June 5th to be a part of the COH. Please plan accordingly.