THIS WEEK – NO TROOP MEETING
Hope you are enjoying school vacation week!
4/26-28TH: NOBSCOT SCOUT RESERVATION FRAMINGHAM, MA
- Focus of the trip will be on orienteering skills and a bit of hiking. Scouts will need to have a proper compass for this trip.
- You can see a good example of the proper compass here http://www.amazon.com/Silva-2801290-Starter-1-2-3-Compass/dp/B001M5TN3W
- Please see the attached permission slip. Nobscot 04-26-13 Permslip
- Please see the attached trip overview. 2013 04 Nobscot
- We will camp 1/2 mile from the parking lot. Please pack gear so that it can easily be carried this distance. In addition, do not plan to use the large Coleman stoves. Meals should be planned using backpacking stove or fire.
5/17-19TH: BIKING ON EAST BAY BIKE PATH RI, CAMP BUXTON RHOBOTH, MA
- We are heading back to the East Bay Bike Path, a beautiful path from Bristol RI to East Providence, RI. This has been our favorite bike trip. http://www.dot.ri.gov/bikeri/east_bay_bike_path.asp
- The bike trip is 29 miles.
- Scouts must not bring BMX style bikes. We know from experience that scouts must have a multi-gear bike to complete this trip. So start planning now if you need to borrow a bike for the trip.
- Bikes must be in good repair. We will refuse a scout from the trip if their bike is not in good repair. (We have experience here too).
- Scouts must wear a helmet
Lots of Adult Help Needed! How Can You Help?
- We are sending out this announcement early because this trip requires a lot of adult help. There are a lot of logistics that go into this trip and we need all of the help that we can get. You don’t have to ride a bike, you can be part of the support team.
- The first way that you can help is by indicating on the permission slip if you can help carry bikes on your bike rack. Here are just a few other ways that you can help.
- We need to get the bikes from Franklin, to the campsite, to the bike path, back to the campsite, and back to Franklin.
- We need adults to set up a lunch station at the halfway point of the trip.
- We need adults to ride with the scouts. We need enough adults to split up the scouts by ability.
- We need adults to be on call along the route in case of an emergency.
- As always we realize that you may have other commitments, but please let us know if you plan to arrive late or leave early. There are a lot of moving parts on this trip and unexpected changes are very disruptive.
- So, I’m sure you get the message by now, we need your help.
- The fee for this trip is $25 – adults are free Bike_trip_Buxton_05-17-13_permslip
SUMMER CAMP : 7/14 – 7/20th
- Cost is $360. $180 due by April 24th and balance due by May 8th.
- Scouts and adults – now is the time to decide on summer camp. Camp is a great opportunity to earn a few merit badges and to get to know your fellow scouts.
- At this time we do not think the maritime adventure option will be feasible, but if we get enough adult volunteers, the troop will be happy to revisit this option.
- Please send the following info to email@example.com. Thanks.
- Scout’s name
- Can parent volunteer? (full week, first half of week, last half of week, not at all)
SAVE THE DATE-EAGLE COH IS SUNDAY 5/5 2pm
TROOP COH 6/19
Our Spring Troop COH will be June 19 at the Charter School. All blue cards and advancement must be submitted to Mrs. Ryan no later than June 5th to be a part of the COH. Please plan accordingly.