THIS WEEK – COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- The PLC meet will be held this week at 6:30pm
- The Troop Committee meeting at 7:30pm – at the Charter School. All parents are welcome to attend.
- Please provide summer camp feedback to Mr. Cook so that we can begin to prepare.
- Bring in your April trip permission slips.
CHOCOLATE SALES SAT. 4/6 @ ROCHE BROS
We still have troop chocolate bars to sell….
Kathleen Sinibaldi has set up time from 10am-3pm on Saturday, April 6th. Please contact Mrs. Sinibaldi at email@example.com to let her know if you can help.
4/26-28TH: NOBSCOT SCOUT RESERVATION FRAMINGHAM, MA
On the April trip we will concentrate on improving our orienteering skills. We will also hike to the top of Noscot hill from which you can see Boston. Scouts will need to have a proper compass for this trip. The troop has a couple to lend out, but since a compass is one of the 10 essentials that every scout should pack, you should really consider buying a compass. You can get a good one for $10 to $15.
It is important that you by the proper type of compass. It should have these features:
- You can see a good example of the proper compass here http://www.amazon.com/Silva-2801290-Starter-1-2-3-Compass/dp/B001M5TN3W
- Notice that this example has a rectangular clear base plate and the red arrow in the circular part of the compass (it looks kind of like a shed)
- Please do not bring military style or small novelty compasses, they will not be sufficient for the instruction session
Please see the attached permission slip. Nobscot 042613 Perm
Please see the attached trip overview. 2013 04 Nobscot
Scouts – note that we will hike in about 1/2 mile to our campsite, so you need to think about what sort of cooking gear you will bring.
SUMMER CAMP INFORMATION & SURVEY: 7/14 – 7/20th
- Scout’s name
- Can parent volunteer? (full week, first half of week, last half of week, not at all)
- Option 1, 2, 3, or 4 (2 and 3 only apply to scouts 13 and older)
SAVE THE DATE-EAGLE COH IS SUNDAY 5/5 2pm
TROOP COH 6/19
Our Spring Troop COH will be June 19 at the Charter School. All blue cards and advancement must be submitted to Mrs. Ryan no later than June 5th to be a part of the COH. Please plan accordingly.