THIS WEEK – TROOP MEETING
- We will have visiting scouts and webelos at our meeting on Wed – please warmly great them so that they feel welcome at our troop.
- Families will be given an opportunity to buy some of the remaining chocolate bars. They will make great Easter gifts!
- Please let Bob Latshaw know if you plan to attend the June 21-23 Canoe Trip – it is important to reserve canoes now.
- Bring March Trip Permission Slip: Cachalot 032213 Perm We must know which scouts will be attending this week.
- Sign up for merit badges for March trip will take place at the meeting. Tentative badges being offered are camping, citizenship in the nation, family life, communications, cooking and cycling.
CANNED GOODS FOR 3/20 TROOP MEETING
Scouts will be doing a review of cooking at the 3/20th meeting. To help with this review, each scout is asked to bring in a canned item. At the end of the meeting, these canned goods will be donated to the Franklin Food Pantry. More details of the nature of the canned foods will be discussed in their patrols this week.
PACK 92 BLUE AND GOLD: SUNDAY 3/24 @ NOON
We will have 6 new scouts join our troop from Pack 92! We will need 6 if our scouts to attend their Blue and Gold on Sunday, 3/24, at noon. Please let Mr. Cronin know at this week’s troop meeting if you could attend to welcome the boys into our troop.
PERSONAL MANAGEMENT MERIT BADGE:
Mr. Jolie will be the MB councilor and encourages all scouts wanting to pursue this badge to begin the process THIS week by printing out the MB worksheet here (http://usscouts.org/mb/worksheets/personal-management.pdf) and starting to tracking your expenses in order to get everything singed off by the spring COH in June.
Please contact Mr. Jolie at firstname.lastname@example.org this week if you plan on participating in this merit badge and Mr. Cronin will sign your blue cards at this Troop Meeting.
ATTENTION LIFE SCOUTS:
- The annual Life to Eagle presentation will be held by the Seven Rivers District. Our Life to Eagle Program will take place Thursday, March 14 (6:00-9:00 PM) at the Invensys/Foxboro Cafeteria (where we have Roundtable).
SKATING MERIT BADGE
- Not sure if the window has been lost for this season… for Mr. Latshaw’s skating ring…..
- In the meantime if you are interested in the skating merit badge he would be happy to join you at public skating at the town rink.
- If you are a hockey player, you can qualify for all of the skating activities as you skate during a game and Mr. Latshaw will be happy to come watch one of your games.
- You can reach him at email@example.com.
MARCH 22-24 MERIT BADGE/RANK ADVANCEMENT @ Cachalot Scout Reservation in Plymouth
We desire to have all scouts and many adults (especially merit badge councilors) to attend focusing on badges and rank advancement.
- Scouts, please communicate this week the following to your patrol leader:
- Work you need for your upcoming advancement
- Merit badges you need or desire to work on
- Cachalot 032213 Perm