THIS WEEK – TROOP MEETING
NEXT WEEK – PLC & COMMITTEE MTGS
- Please note a change in the troop’s meeting schedule:
- January 30 will be a PLC and Troop Committee Meeting and NOT a Troop meeting.
- February 6 will be a Troop Meeting.
KLONDIKE UPDATE (1/25-1/26)
Yes, it will be cold. But if scouts come prepared (like scouts always do) it will be 100% fine.
Yes, it will snow! This means that the events will be better than last year which had no snow.
Please plan on being at the VFW to be 5:30pm on Friday. The Scouts will return to the VFW on Saturday at 5:30pm.
The adult leaders on the trop will be Kevin Cronin, Tim Cook and Dan Conaster.
SCOUT SUNDAY & SABBATH
- Scout Sunday is February 3rd
- Scout Sabbath is February 9th
CROSS COUNTRY SKIING, SNOWSHOEING & ICE FISHING 2/9-2/10
- Details of the trip can be found in the 12/24/12 Troop News
- Permission Slip: Split Rock 020813 Perm
- Trip Update:
- Saturday Departure Instead of Friday Departure – Please arrive at the VFW at 6:30am for a 7:00am departure on Saturday February 9.
- Trip Cost $40. This trip is more expensive to run given that we need to buy trail passes and rent skis. So we are adding $15 to the normal cost of $25.
- Can You Lend Us Gear – When you register for the trip with Doug Hartnett, please let us know if you can lend us snowshoes, cross-country ski equipment, or ice fishing gear.
Just a few words on the cost of the trips for the rest of the year. For the February and June trips we need to rent equipment, so these trips will cost more than the usual $25. We anticipate that the cost for the March, April and May trips will be the usual $25.
JUNE 21-23 CANOE TRIP – EARLY HEADCOUNT NEEDED
In June we will canoe the Pemigewassett River in northern New Hampshire. Bob Latshaw needs to reserve the canoes for the trip, so he would like to get a headcount. Please send Bob Latshaw an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you and/or your scout plan to attend the trip to ensure we have enough canoes reserved.
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at email@example.com by 9:00am on Mondays.