THIS WEEK – TROOP MEETING
TROOP CALENDAR UPDATES:
- Please note a change in the troop’s meeting schedule:
- January 30 will be a PLC and Troop Committee Meeting and NOT a Troop meeting.
- February 6 will be a Troop Meeting.
- The calendar on the Troop’s website has been updated as well as the Troop’s Event Listing 2012-2013 on the Documents page.
CROSS COUNTRY SKIING, SNOWSHOEING & ICE FISHING 2/9-2/10
- Details of the trip can be found in the 12/24/12 Troop News
- Permission Slip: Split Rock 020813 Perm
- Trip Update:
Saturday Departure Instead of Friday Departure – Please arrive at the VFW at 6:30am for a 7:00am departure on Saturday February 9.
Trip Cost $40. This trip is more expensive to run given that we need to buy trail passes and rent skis. So we are adding $15 to the normal cost of $25.
Can You Lend Us Gear – When you register for the trip with Doug Hartnett, please let us know if you can lend us snowshoes, cross country ski equipment, or ice fishing gear.
Just a few words on the cost of the trips for the rest of the year. For the February and June trips we need to rent equipment, so these trips will cost more than the usual $25. We anticipate that the cost for the March, April and May trips will be the usual $25.
MARCH – JUNE 2013 ACTIVITY UPDATE
More details regarding these trips will be coming soon. Attached are links to provide additional information for each trip and the types of adult support that are needed.
- March – Merit Badge and Rank Advancement at Cachalot Scout Reservation in Plymouth 2013 03 Cachalot
- April – Orienteering (heavy concentration on this skill) at Nobscot Scout Reservation in Framingham, MA 2013 04 Nobscot
- May – East Bay Bike Path from Bristol RI to East Providence RI 2013 05 Bike Trip
- June – Canoe Trip on the Pemigewasset River in the White Mountains 2013 06 Canoe Trip
JUNE 21-23 CANOE TRIP – EARLY HEADCOUNT NEEDED
In June we will canoe the Pemigewassett River in northern New Hampshire. Bob Latshaw needs to reserve the canoes for the trip, so he would like to get a headcount. Please send Bob Latshaw an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you and/or your scout plan to attend the trip to ensure we have enough canoes reserved.
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at email@example.com by 9:00am on Mondays.