THIS WEEK – TROOP & COMMITTEE MEETING
TROOP RECHARTERING FOR 2013
- Please print out and complete the BSA – Troop Rechartering and Data Update 2013. If a family hasn’t paid their rechartering fee of $65 ($77 with Boys Life), they need to bring it to the Jan 9 troop meeting.
KLONDIKE: OPERATION POLAR BEAR 1/25-1/26th
- Location: Walpole Sportsman’s Association
- Klondike ~ A test of Scout skills and endurance. Boy Scouts compete against Boy Scouts and Webelos Scouts against Webelos Scouts for ribbons and glory. Each Patrol forms into a “Stampeder Dog Sled Team” and competes as a separate expedition.
- Mountain Man ~ Four Boy Scouts, ages 14 years and older, form a team to compete in a test of marksmanship, archery, axe throwing, log chopping, and skills of ingenuity and stamina. A team consists of exactly four boys from the same Troop.
- L’Hivernant ~ Boy Scouts best a cold winter night’s sleep out. **Friday, January 25 ONLY **
- Permission Slip: Klondike 012513
CROSS COUNTRY SKIING, SNOWSHOEING & ICE FISHING 2/8-2/10
- Details of the trip can be found in the 12/24/12 Troop News
- Please contact Doug Hartnett email@example.com and let him know if you plan to attend this trip. Please contact Doug now, but you can bring your Split Rock 020813 Perm to the meeting on January 9. Please also let Doug know if you can lend snowshoes or cross country skis to the troop for this trip.
- We will go to the Windblown cross country ski area in New Ipswich, NH. Scouts will snowshoe and cross country ski. In the afternoon we will return to camp and go ice fishing.
- The departure time is currently scheduled as Friday February 8. However, if the weather is poor on Friday night, we will start the trip early on February 9.
- We need adult help …
- Pull the trailer
- Driving to and from the campsite and ski area
- Cook lunch in the parking lot. (We provide the scouts with a hot lunch).
- Ice fishing. If you can’t attend, can you lend us gear?
- Ski or snowshoe with scouts.
MARCH – JUNE 2013 ACTIVITY UPDATE
Bob Latshaw has done a bit of work over the last few weeks lining up trips. Below is what he has been planning. More details regarding these trips will be coming soon.
- March – Merit Badge and Rank Advancement at Cachalot Scout Reservation in Plymouth (Booked)
- April – Orienteering (heavy concentration on this skill) at Nobscot Scout Reservation in Framingham, MA (Booked)
- May – East Bay Bike Path from Bristol RI to East Providence RI (Tentatively booked)
- June – Canoe Trip on the Pemigewasset River in the White Mountains (Tentatively booked)
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00am on Mondays.