THIS WEEK – REGULAR TROOP MTG
- Yankee Swap, Food Drive and Holiday Party – details below
- Please bring in your troop rechartering form and fees – details below.
- Please bring in permission slip( Klondike 012513) for Klondike
- Return your ScoutParent Volunteer Form to Dan Conatser – details below.
TROOP RECHARTERING FOR 2013
- Please print out and complete the BSA – Troop Rechartering and Data Update 2013. Bring it and a check made out to “Troop 29” to the Troop meeting and give both to Anna dos Santos, Committee Chair. Troop’s rechartering fee is $65.00 per scout and a Boys Life subscription is an additional $12.00.
- During the rechartering process, the troop needs to identify the adults that will serve on the Troop Committee as well as Merit Badge Counselors. If you would like to serve in any of these capacities and have not filled out an adult registration from, please do and bring it to the meeting.
- Further details of the rechartering can be found in last week’s post.
SCOUT YANKEE SWAP AN HOLIDAY PARTY – DEC 19TH
This week, your troop will be having a yankee swap with a $7.50 limit for a gift.
In addition, to support our community, your patrol leaders are coordinating a toy and food drive. Please bring in a toy on the 19th that will be donated to help other families in need.
Parents – to help with the celebration, we ask for your help in brining some holiday treats.
- For last names beginning with A – H please bring in beverages
- For last names beginning with I – Z please bring in desserts
KLONDIKE: OPERATION POLAR BEAR 1/25-1/26th
- Location: Walpole Sportsman’s Association
- Klondike ~ A test of Scout skills and endurance. Boy Scouts compete against Boy Scouts and Webelos Scouts against Webelos Scouts for ribbons and glory. Each Patrol forms into a “Stampeder Dog Sled Team” and competes as a separate expedition.
- Mountain Man ~ Four Boy Scouts, ages 14 years and older, form a team to compete in a test of marksmanship, archery, axe throwing, log chopping, and skills of ingenuity and stamina. A team consists of exactly four boys from the same Troop.
- L’Hivernant ~ Boy Scouts best a cold winter night’s sleep out. **Friday, January 25 ONLY **
- Permission Slip: Klondike 012513
SCOUT PARENT INVOLVEMENT
- Thank you to the parents that are volunteering time and talents to Troop 29! We have an excellent core group of parents that currently support the Troop and it is our objective to have 100% of the parents involved in some way with the Troop.
- We are asking each and every parent to fill out a ScoutParent Volunteer Form so that we can better learn what hidden resources Troop 29 has in our Scout Parents. Please take some thoughtful time to fill out the attached form and return it to the Troop by the end of the December. You can also visitwww.ScoutParents.org for more information on volunteering to support the Troop. The completed form can be returned to Dan Conatser, ScoutParent Coordinator, or to either Kevin Cronin, Scoutmaster or Anna De Santos, Committee Chairperson.
RENEWAL FOR MERIT BADGE COUNCILORS
7 Rivers District Council should have contacted you early December about renewing as a registered councilor. This renewal is separate than the rechartering we do as a troop. If you have not yet already done so, please respond directly to the 7 Rivers District Council with your information. Thank you!
TROOP COH WED 2/27/13
Our next troop COH will be on 2/27/13. All completed activity must be submitted to Mrs. Ryan by 2/6/13. Please plan ahead.
FRIENDS OF FRANKLIN CHRISTMAS DELIVERIES
- The Friends of Franklin are again preparing for the Christmas food deliveries. This season approximately 200 families will be benefiting from the kindness of others.
- As in the past we are hoping you can help. We will be making deliveries Sunday, December 16th starting at 10:00 AM. As in years past Christmas deliveries also include gifts.
- The pickup will be at the Clark Cutler McDermott’s facility located at 130 Constitution Boulevard Franklin. (Same place as Thanksgiving)
SAVE A LIFE! 1/5/13
- The drive is held in partnership with Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and Children’s Hospital. The Blood Drive is taking place on Saturday, January 5, 2013 at the King Philip Middle School, in Norfolk, MA from 9am to 3pm.
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at email@example.com by 9:00am on Mondays.