THIS WEEK – REGULAR TROOP MTG
- It is very important to bring your Rock Spot Climbing waiver forms http://www.rockspotclimbing.com/
- Please bring in your troop rechartering form and fees – details below.
- Return your ScoutParent Volunteer Form to Dan Conaster – details below.
TROOP RECHARTERING FOR 2013
- By the end of December, the Troop must submit its application for renewing its charter for the 2013 calendar year. The Troop’s rechartering fee is $65.00 per scout and a Boys Life subscription is an additional $12.00. Rechartering Fees cover the yearly registration fee for all registered Scouts and Adults, insurance premiums for all scout outings and meetings, and some of the maintenance costs of the Troop.
- During the rechartering process, the troop needs to identify the adults that will serve on the Troop Committee that meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month. The Committee provides support to the Scoutmaster in order to insure the Troop’s program is successful. Please consider joining the Committee!
- All Merit Badge Counselors must be registered with the BSA and be included in our rechartering package. If you would like to become a Merit Badge Counselor but haven’t completed an adult registration form, please do so ASAP and bring to the next meeting.
- Please print out and complete the BSA – Troop Rechartering and Data Update 2013. Bring it and a check made out to “Troop 29” to the next Troop meeting and give both to Anna dos Santos, Committee Chair.
SCOUT YANKEE SWAP AN HOLIDAY PARTY – DEC 19TH
Next week, your troop will be having a yankee swap with a $7.50 limit for a gift.
In addition, to support our community, your patrol leaders are coordinating a toy drive. Please bring in a toy on the 19th that will be donated to help other families in need.
Parents – to help with the celebration, we ask for your help in brining some holiday treats.
- For last names beginning with A – H please bring in beverages
- For last names beginning with I – Z please bring in desserts
SCOUT PARENT INVOLVEMENT
Troop 29 would like to thank all the fantastic parents that have stepped up and volunteered their time and talents in many ways to support the Scouts in Troop 29. We have an excellent core group of parents that currently support the Troop through Adult Leadership roles, Committee Membership, Activity Leadership, Fund Raising and as Merit Badge Councilors. Troop 29 would now like to ensure that each and every parent has the opportunity to show their support of the Troop and volunteer at some level. Our objective is to have 100% of the parents involved in some way with the Troop. The Scouts of Troops 29 are having both fun and some great learning opportunities as they progress through the Scout ranks.
We are asking each and every parent to fill out a ScoutParent Volunteer Form so that we can better learn what hidden resources Troop 29 has in our Scout Parents. Please take some thoughtful time to fill out the attached form and return it to the Troop by the end of the December. You can also visitwww.ScoutParents.org for more information on volunteering to support the Troop. The completed form can be returned to Dan Conatser, ScoutParent Coordinator, or to either Kevin Cronin, Scoutmaster or Anna De Santos, Committee Chairperson.
YES!!! The parents of Troop 29 can have just as much fun in the Troop as the Scouts do. And we do!
RENEWAL FOR MERIT BADGE COUNCILORS
7 Rivers District Council should have contacted you early December about renewing as a registered councilor. This renewal is separate than the rechartering we do as a troop. If you have not yet already done so, please respond directly to the 7 Rivers District Council with your information. Thank you!
TROOP COH WED 2/27/13
Our next troop COH will be on 2/27/13. All completed activity must be submitted to Mrs. Ryan by 2/6/13. Please plan ahead.
EAGLE COH SUN 5/5/13:
The next Eagle COH will be on Sunday, May 5, instead of Saturday, May 11. Please update your calendars of this change.
ROCK CLIMBING at the Rock Spot Gym in Lincoln, RI 12/15-16
- The trip will start on Saturday night and end on Sunday morning. For further details, please refer to the 11/12/12 posting.
SAVE A LIFE! 1/5/13
- January historically has the lowest blood donation levels of any month throughout the year. That is why Kevin Cronin invites you to attend the Gary Mirliss Memorial Drive. Gary Mirliss passed away over a decade ago after a long battle with leukemia. He was a man that lived life to the fullest and always wanted to help his fellow man. With you involvement you will be able to help a countless numbers of people.
- The drive is held in partnership with Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and Children’s Hospital. The Blood Drive is taking place on Saturday, January 5, 2013 at the King Philip Middle School, in Norfolk, MA from 9am to 3pm.
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at email@example.com by 9:00am on Mondays.