THIS WEEK – COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- The PLC meet will be held this week at 6:30pm followed by the Troop Committee meeting at 7:30pm – at the Charter School. All parents are welcome to attend.
TROOP RECHARTERING FOR 2013
- By the end of December, the Troop must submit its application for renewing its charter for the 2013 calendar year. The Troop’s rechartering fee is $65.00 per scout and a Boys Life subscription is an additional $12.00. Rechartering Fees cover the yearly registration fee for all registered Scouts and Adults, insurance premiums for all scout outings and meetings, and some of the maintenance costs of the Troop.
- During the rechartering process, the troop needs to identify the adults that will serve on the Troop Committee that meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month. The Committee provides support to the Scoutmaster in order to insure the Troop’s program is successful. Please consider joining the Committee!
- All Merit Badge Counselors must be registered with the BSA and be included in our rechartering package. If you would like to become a Merit Badge Counselor but haven’t completed an adult registration form, please do so ASAP and bring to the next meeting.
- Please print out and complete the BSA – Troop Rechartering and Data Update 2013. Bring it and a check made out to “Troop 29” to the next Troop meeting and give both to Anna dos Santos, Committee Chair.
SAVE THE DATE:
The next Eagle COH will be on Sunday, May 5, instead of Saturday, May 11. Please update your calendars of this change.
ROCK CLIMBING at the Rock Spot Gym in Lincoln, RI 12/15-16
- The trip will start on Saturday night and end on Sunday morning.
- You will need waiver forms http://www.rockspotclimbing.com/ and Rock Spot Perm 121512.
- Cost is $30 per person (including adults wanting to climb) or $45 if you are pursuing a merit badge.
For further details of the trip, please refer to the Troop News Week of 11/12/12.
SAVE A LIFE! 1/5/13
- January historically has the lowest blood donation levels of any month throughout the year. That is why Kevin Cronin invites you to attend the Gary Mirliss Memorial Drive. Gary Mirliss passed away over a decade ago after a long battle with leukemia. He was a man that lived life to the fullest and always wanted to help his fellow man. With you involvement you will be able to help a countless numbers of people.
- The drive is held in partnership with Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and Children’s Hospital. The Blood Drive is taking place on Saturday, January 5, 2013 at the King Philip Middle School, in Norfolk, MA from 9am to 3pm.
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00am on Mondays.