THIS WEEK – HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
- No troop meeting
- Contact Doug Hartnett at email@example.com if you will be attending Rock Climbing (see below)
CHOCOLATE SALES OPPORTUNITY
- This Saturday , Nov 24th from 9am – 2pm at King Street Dunkin Donuts in Franklin we still have slots open every hour for scouts to sell chocolate.
- Please help out the troop in this fundraiser. Even if you have sold all of your candy – if you are able, please come to help sell additional candy for the troop.
- Contact Mrs. Sinibaldi this week at 508-533-5745 (H), 508-498-2432 (C) or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help out.
Don’t forget the prizes to GAMESTOP gift cards. 1st place $50, 2nd place $35 and 3rd place $25.
TREASURE VALLEY REPORT FROM B. LATSHAW
- We had fantastic weather for our trip to Treasure Valley in Rutland MA. After an early start we drove to Spencer MA to begin our hike. We hiked 6 miles back to camp. Everyone worked very well as a team and we had a great hike. After lunch the troop participated in an Orienteering race. We have a highly skilled team because everyone finished within 6 minutes of each other. For our younger scouts these activities will help them in their advancement to second or first class. Scouts should bring their books to the next meeting to get items signed off.
- In the evening we had an astronomy session where scouts saw shooting starts, a close up view of the moon, Jupiter’s moons, the red spot on Jupiter, the Andromeda galaxy and much more.
- We did learn that we have to do some work on our clean up skills. On that note, while this was a fantastic trip, it was disappointing when took the stoves out of the VFW to find that they were quite dirty. Please remember to clean all of the contents of the patrol box before returning them to the VFW.
ROCK CLIMBING at the Rock Spot Gym in Lincoln, RI 12/15-16
- We have a great trip planned for December. We will be rock climbing at the Rock Spot Gym which is located at 100 Higginson Avenue in Lincoln RI. The trip will start on Saturday night and end on Sunday morning. As always we need plenty of adults to help us to make this work. Here is the information about the trip.
- We need to get a count soon so that we know if we will have at least 20 scouts. We also need to know how many scouts will take the merit badge class. Please contact Doug Hartnett at email@example.com this week if you will be attending.
- You will need waiver forms http://www.rockspotclimbing.com/ and Rock Spot Perm 121512.
- Cost is $30 per person (including adults wanting to climb) or $45 if you are pursuing a merit badge.
For further details of the trip, please refer to the Troop News Week of 11/12/12.
UPCOMING SCOUT MEETING PREPARATION
In the upcoming scout meetings we will concentrate on tying knots. In particular we will work on the rewoven figure-8 knot. This is the knot that you use to tie yourself to your rock climbing harness. You can find a good video on tying the rewoven figure-8 knot here (check out the cool technique at the end of the video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WakZ-77Ie3c&feature=related . Practice this knot before the next meeting.
TURKEY TROT 11/22
- The Drake’s would like to invite you to join them or help with your contributions for the Turkey Trot 5k Family Fun Race – it is being organized by an Eagle Candidate.
- The race will be on Thanksgiving morning (Nov. 22nd) at 8 am.
- The registration fee is 20 canned or non-perishable goods or $20. Registration will be available at http://www.feedtheneed.org/ or from 7-7:45am at the race site.
- The first 100 people to register will receive a free shirt. (So you want to register online!)
- The race will begin and end at the LDS Church located at 91 Jordan Road in Franklin. There will also be race prizes and free refreshments.
- ALL proceeds go to the Franklin Food Pantry.
- Attached a race flier . FTNcollection2012 FeedTheNeed2012
- Please help the Drakes spread the word by forwarding it to anyone you think would be interested.