THIS WEEK – REGULAR TROOP MTG
- Bring your Treasure Valley permission slip – see details below.
- Bring your Rock Climbing permission slip – see details below.
HIKING & ADVENTURE RACE 11/16-18 Treasure Valley, Rutland MA
- Trailer Transport Needed – While we have a great turnout of adults for the trip, we do not have a way of transporting the trailer to the campsite. We would appreciate it if someone could drive the trailer to and from the campsite, if you can’t join us for the entire weekend, perhaps you can just pull the trailer.
- Bring Your Compass Wednesday and On The Trip – Part of the trip will be an adventure race. On Wednesday we will have a training session on the compass and you should have a compass on the trip. If you are going to buy a compass, buy one that looks like the one found here http://store.silvacompass.com/products/345165/Polaris_177 don’t buy one that looks like thishttp://store.silvacompass.com/products/345237/Lensatic_360
- Bring the Right Gear – With the snow storm the other day, you should come prepared for cold weather. See the Troop 29 Camping Checklist for a list of what to pack in cold weather. Also, make sure that you have the right gear for the day hike, see the Day Hike Packing List for what to have available for the hike. Remember to wear boots, not sneakers.
- November 7 was the deadline for signing up for the November trip. Since the PLC meeting was cancelled, we may not have been able to get your permission slip. Please contact Doug Hartnett ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org. We need a final count so that we can buy the proper amount of food. These are the confirmed scout attendees.
- Kinley Baird
- Andy Pritchard
- Austin Conatser
- Pat Peterson
- Brendan Ryan
- Andrew Cook
- Ethan Szilniczky
- Robert Sinibaldi
- David Roche
- Matthew Pepin
- Andrew Hartnett
- Justin Chander
- Please complete attached permission slip and submit the form and $25 to Doug Hartnett. Treasure Valley 111612Perm
ROCK CLIMBING at the Rock Spot Gym in Lincoln, RI 12/15-16
We have a great trip planned for December. We will be rock climbing at the Rock Spot Gym which is located at 100 Higginson Avenue in Lincoln RI. The trip will start on Saturday night and end on Sunday morning. As always we need plenty of adults to help us to make this work. Here is the information about the trip.
- Saturday 5:45 PM – Gather at the VFW
- Saturday 6:00 PM – Depart the VFW
- Sunday 7:30 AM – Depart the Rock Spot
- Sunday 8:00 AM – Arrive at the VFW
- Please be prompt on Sunday morning for the pickup
- $30/person (assuming we get at least 20 participants, otherwise $35/person)
- Adults that plan to climb must pay
- $45/scout that wants to take the Climbing merit badge class. This is a separate class and lasts most of the evening.
- PARENTS MUST COMPLETE WAIVERS BEFORE THE TRIP
- Parents must print out waiver confirmation sheet and provide it to Doug Hartnett, trip registrar, before the trip
- Adults that plan to climb must complete waiver before the trip
- Visit this website http://www.rockspotclimbing.com/
- Click on the link titled Complete Waiver Here
- NOTE: WAIVERS ARE ONLY GOOD FOR 30 DAYS SO COMPLETE THE WAIVER AFTER NOVEMBER 15
- Adult Help
- We need your help to make this trip a success. There are many ways to help.
- Transportation – you can drive to and from the Gym
- Supervision – we need adults to stay overnight and supervise the scouts
- The gym staff will belay for the first 2 hours. (Belaying is holding the safety rope properly to protect the climber).
- After 9 PM we are responsible for providing belayers. They will train us.
- We need adult belayers in order to climb after 9PM
- What to bring
- Scouts should bring a sleeping bag, a change of clothes, and wash up gear
- The gym provides climbing shoes and safety gear
- We will have pizza delivered, but we are responsible for drinks and snacks. Patrols will be assigned to bring drinks and snacks.
MERIT BADGE OFFERING
- Citizenship in the Community merit badge class to begin on November 28, at 6:00pm. Interested scouts should contact Anna dos Santos to signup (email@example.com). Materials for the class will be distributed at the Nov. 14 meeting.
- Classes will continue to meet at 6:00pm before Troop meetings thru Dec.
TURKEY TROT 11/22
- The Drake’s would like to invite you to join them or help with your contributions for the Turkey Trot 5k Family Fun Race – it is being organized by an Eagle Candidate.
- The race will be on Thanksgiving morning (Nov. 22nd) at 8 am.
- The registration fee is 20 canned or non-perishable goods or $20. Registration will be available at http://www.feedtheneed.org/ or from 7-7:45am at the race site.
- The first 100 people to register will receive a free shirt. (So you want to register online!)
- The race will begin and end at the LDS Church located at 91 Jordan Road in Franklin. There will also be race prizes and free refreshments.
- ALL proceeds go to the Franklin Food Pantry.
- Attached a race flier to this email. FTNcollection2012 FeedTheNeed2012
- Please help the Drakes spread the word by forwarding it to anyone you think would be interested.
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00am on Mondays.