THIS WEEK – COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- The PLC meet will be held this week at 6:30pm followed by the Troop Committee meeting at 7:30pm – at the Charter School. All parents are welcome to attend.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR PARENTS OF THE SCOUTS
- Troop 29 would like to invite every scout parent to get involved in support of the troop.
- A wide range of opportunities exist, from Troop Committee Member to many, many other short-term roles to help the Troop.
- This is your Troop, and we would like to give every parent the chance to be part of this great Troop. We have a fantastic group of Scouts, we want to support them with an equally great group of adult leaders and volunteers.
- One way to find out more about all the support roles is at our monthly Troop Committee Meeting.
- This month the meeting is this Wednesday, November 7th. You do not have to be a committee member to attend. The Committee Meetings will enable parents to hear more about what the Troop is doing and learn what you can do to help our excellent scouting program at Troop 29.
Yours in Scouting – Dan Conatser, Scout Parents Unit Coordinator
HIKING & ADVENTURE RACE 11/16-18 Treasure Valley, Rutland MA
(details in 10/15 news update)
- Emphasis is working together as a patrol. Morning: hike 5 miles or so on the Mid-State Trail. Afternoon: adventure race to show off scout skills.
- Please complete attached permission slip and submit the form and $25 to Doug Hartnett. Treasure Valley 111612Perm
- Attached is a packing list for the trip. Day Hike Packing List
MERIT BADGE OFFERING
- Citizenship in the Community merit badge class to begin on November 28, at 6:00pm. Interested scouts should contact Anna dos Santos to signup (firstname.lastname@example.org). Materials for the class will be distributed at the Nov. 14 meeting.
- Classes will continue to meet at 6:00pm before Troop meetings thru Dec.
CHOCOLATE BAR FUND RAISER UPDATE
- Sales Opportunity: Monday, Nov 12th from 9am – 3pm at Stop & Shop in Franklin we have slots open every hour for four scouts to sell chocolate. Please contact Mrs. Sinibaldi this week at 508-533-5745 (H), 508-498-2432 (C) or email@example.com if you are able to help out.
- Please contact Mrs. Sinibaldi if you need additional chocolate to sell.
SAVE THE DATE – ROCK CLIMBING
- December 15th-16th the Troop will do an overnight at Rock Spot Rock Climbing. Permission slips and more details to come.
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00am on Mondays.