Hurricane Sandy Relief Project
The Franklin Police Department has teamed up with Franklin Fire Department and the School Department to collect a relief shipment for Monmouth Co NJ. It is on the Jersey Shore just south of New York. Mark Manocchio spoke with them yesterday morning. They said they have a police station and post office in the ocean. Houses are gone and they still have 90% of power out. They said anything we could send would be greatly appreciated. We have containers at both Fire Stations, drop off hours are 8 am to 6 pm. Please spread the word and lets help out our fellow Americans.
Items needed include:
- Bottled Water
- Non perishable food
- Pet food
- New clothing
- Personal hygiene items including baby items
Sunday morning stroll 11/4
Dan Conatser and Bob Latshaw are going to scout out a 5 mile hike on the Mid-State trail this Sunday morning. Bob’s motto is “the more the merrier” so he wanted to spread the word. Here is the plan, let Bob know if you are interested. (firstname.lastname@example.org) We can car pool as well. Kids are welcome, but this is not a scout trip, so keep that in mind.
It is hunting season – so wear orange (and according to Bob) leave your antler hat at home…
– Depart Franklin 7am. Dan and I plan to leave his house at 7 am. We will take 2 cars so we can spot a car at each end.
– Dan is at 16 Berkshire Drive.
– We will start from 5 miles south of Treasure Valley in Spencer MA and hike north.
– I think the most elevation gain at any one time is 200 feet. Not bad at all.
– The weather forecast is for clear but cool conditions. (but remember my rain jinx)
– We should be wrapped up and on our way home before noon
– I plan to bring a saw and ax to clear the trail of any damage from the hurricane.