THIS WEEK – REGULAR TROOP MTG AND EAGLE COH
- Final sign up for October Camporee – see below
- The troop meeting is also Webelos II Open House. Please look for new faces (scouts and adults) and welcome them!
EAGLE COH OCTOBER 13th (THIS SATURDAY)
- Alex Drake, Tim Latshaw, Greg Phillips and Dan Rogers will be receiving their Eagle awards at the Eagle Court of Honor at 2:00 PM on October 13th in the Franklin United Methodist Church.
- All Scouts and their families are invited to participate in this Court of Honor.
- We will be holding a reception immediately following the Eagle Court of Honor to celebrate.
- Scouts – please let your patrol leaders know if you are willing to have a speaking role in the COH at our next troop meeting
- Please wear your Class A uniform with sash.
- If participating, please arrive at 12:45 to rehearse before the families arrive.
REFRESHMENTS & CEREMONY COORDINATORS NEEDED!
- The Troop thanks Anne Gilberti for volunteering to manage refreshments for Troop Courts of Honor, but we still need 2 or 3 additional people to volunteer along with Anne.
- This is a great way for Moms to participate in the troop without having to campout!
- We have 3 Courts of Honor and 2 Eagle Courts of Honor each year. Volunteers will coordinate setup and cleanup of refreshments for all Courts of Honor.
- In addition, they will setup the front ceremony area for all Eagle Courts of Honor (diagrams and instructions provided).
- The Troop has party and ceremony supplies stored at the VFW. The upcoming Eagle COH on 10/13 will be a perfect opportunity to learn what needs to be done.
- Please contact Anna dos Santos at email@example.com if you’d like to volunteer for this fun role!
CHOCOLATE BAR FUND RAISER
- If you have not yet purchased your chocolate bars, please plan on purchasing them on 10/10.
- Sign up’s are available for store front locations, please check out the sheets at this week’s committee meeting.
- There are still sales opportunities this weekend at the DD near the Franklin Country Club:
- Saturday, 10/13: We have room for one scout at 9am, 10am. We have room for 2 scouts 11am and noon.
- Sunday 10/14: We have room for 2 scouts at hourly increments from 8am – 12.
OCTOBER CAMPOREE PLYMOUTH CAMP SQUANTO 10/19 – 10/21
- PLEASE HELP US PLAN FOR THIS TRIP!!! Send Doug Harntett an email RIGHT NOW to let him know if you are attending this trip. Doug’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Details of the camporee is in prior post.
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at email@example.com by 9:00am on Mondays.