THIS WEEK – NO TROOP MEETING
CHOCOLATE BAR FUND RAISER
- During the fall, the troop sells candy bars to the community. Each scout will be requested to purchase 50 chocolate bars ($100/scout – there will not be a family cap) and then they have the opportunity to sell their bars either through a location coordinated by the troop or on their own in their neighborhood and among friends and family. This fundraiser helps support the administrative expenses of the troop.
- If you have not yet purchased your chocolate bars, please plan on purchasing them on 10/3.
- Sign up’s are available for store front locations, please contact Kathleen Sinibaldi at email@example.com.
- Prizes will be awarded for those scouts that sell the most.
WHITE MOUNTAIN TRIP REPORT (FILED BY B. LATSHAW)
Look for pictures on our website soon…We had a great trip to the White Mountains. After a long drive on Friday night the troop set up base camp in Franconia NH. Scouts participated in either a day hike or a backpacking trip.The entire group hiked up to the Lonesome Lake hut. The day hikers continued on to a beautiful waterfall. The group hiked over 5 miles, enabling our tenderfoot scouts to get in their hike for second class. The day hikers returned to base camp to work on scoutcraft and advancement. They then enjoyed playing sports on the campground fields. Congratulations to our day hikers – Chris Baker, Michael Parella, Robert Sinibaldi, David Roche and Ryan Cadorette. Many thanks to Dan Conatser for coordinating the group and to Ray Cadorette and John Roche for their help.The backpackers hiked to the Kinsman Pond Shelter and made camp. The group then hiked to the top of North and South Kinsman mountains, 2 of the 48 mountains in New Hampshire that are higher than 4000 feet. The backpackers covered 6.6 miles. The group returned to camp to filter water and to go for a swim in Kinsman Pond. After a night of rain the group got up at 5:15 to prepare for the 3.6 mile hike back to the car. Congratulations to our backpackers – Alex Drake, Austin Conatser, Andrew Hartnett, Andy Pritchard, and Ethan Szilniczky. Many thanks to Greg Drake for his help on the trip.
OCTOBER CAMPOREE PLYMOUTH CAMP SQUANTO 10/19 – 10/21
- If you like shooting things or throwing things, this camporee is for you!This camporee should be a lot of fun!!!
- Events include: Archery, Riflery, Shotgun, Slingshots, Horse Shoes, and Punkin’ Chunkin. There will also be a pie eating contest!.
- Camporees are a great chance for patrols to work as a team while completing the camporee course. At camporees we also have time to work on advancement.
- PLEASE HELP US PLAN FOR THIS TRIP!!! We do not have a full troop meeting for the next two weeks (there is a PLC on 10/3). Send Doug Harntett an email RIGHT NOW to let him know if you are attending this trip. Doug’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. DO IT NOW.
If you have any announcement that needs to go to the troop, please send it to Deb Ryan at email@example.com by 9:00am on Mondays.